• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Civic Type R Production Video - After Ownership

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S

I know that many of us that couldn't wait to get our hands on the FL5 watched this video when it was released.

After watching ALBO's latest Spoon video with some clips from this I decided to watch the original video again and it just hit different knowing that the same attention to detail went into MY car.

The specific area that I missed the first time watching the video was the front suspension assembly where they are intent on minimizing variation between the left and right of the Type R. I highly doubt that many other production vehicles are assembled to this level...

After owning my FL5 for 9 months I definitely appreciate that it was manufactured in Japan and aside from a few rattles/squeaks (common on any car) I've been very impressed with build quality and left/right consistency overall. It's one of the main reasons I've been a Honda fanboy my entire adult life and have always recognized the value of owning something with a J as the first character of the VIN.

I'm curious to hear if anyone else who watched this video before missed some of these details the first time you watched it. Many of the newer owners probably didn't see this video so it could be interesting to get your take as well.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
CTR

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Original ALBO video that inspired this thread:

Last edited:

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R

I know that many of us that couldn't wait to get our hands on the FL5 watched this video when it was released.

After watching ALBO's latest Spoon video with some clips from this I decided to watch the original video again and it just hit different knowing that the same attention to detail went into MY car.

The specific area that I missed the first time watching the video was the front suspension assembly where they are intent on minimizing variation between the left and right of the Type R. I highly doubt that many other production vehicles are assembled to this level...

After owning my FL5 for 9 months I definitely appreciate that it was manufactured in Japan and aside from a few rattles/squeaks (common on any car) I've been very impressed with build quality and left/right consistency overall. It's one of the main reasons I've been a Honda fanboy my entire adult life and have always recognized the value of owning something with a J as the first character of the VIN.

I'm curious to hear if anyone else who watched this video before missed some of these details the first time you watched it. Many of the newer owners probably didn't see this video so it could be interesting to get your take as well.
Wow! This is my first time seeing that video, and I can truly say that I'd be honored to work there! Amazing facility, and great attention to detail! Proud to own a piece of their hard work!

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link

Well now I know which dude to blame for the alignment on the type R😂. All jk aside my steering wheel is a bit off center.

Reactions: CTR
OP
OP
CTR

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well now I know which dude to blame for the alignment on the type R😂. All jk aside my steering wheel is a bit off center.
Probably a Monday or a Friday car. :D

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Probably a Monday or a Friday car. :D
Lol probably, everything in the car has been perfect so far but the steering wheel is not aligned properly. Its minor but noticeable. Have to get it aligned now with the new springs. I really liked the video though, I appreciate stuff like that so good find.

crepr12

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 ITS BlackonBlack
Thanks....did not know the engine was made in Ohio