• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Antigravity ATX30 Battery

phothrottle

First Name
Phuong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 honda fl5
Switching from the oem battery to the Antigravity ATX30 battery is probably the best bang for the buck way to shave weight on the CTR. The oem battery is prone to going flat over long periods of storage. I will do an updated post how this battery holds up during the summer.

Sponsored

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
@phothrottle please know this is nothing against you but I must share that I had a very poor experience with the ATX30 Restart battery in my FL5 this year. (shuts off while driving, won't allow the car to start, etc) Antigravity eventually helped me replaced it with the ATX30 HD model which has been less trouble so far but I did already encounter one no start situation with it for no good reason. It's still in the car but I question it. They advised me the that the RS batteries are built for motorcycle applications and may not be suitable for the demands of a modern car.

Another FL5 owner I know went through the same thing. :(

hammeredsole

First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey Elite, F150 Tremor, CRV Hybrid Sport-L
Yea... I'll never give that company my money. I sized the battery for the GRC, their rep acted like he'd give me small discount for helping identify the battery size/class for a correct match to update their product lineup, and never did. Then, he kind of alluded that there might be a sale for spring 2023, and nothing. I asked, hey any discount codes? Nope... just pay MSRP. To add to the fact that I've heard of failures, no thanks. I'd love to save the weight, but it's probably easier to just get a few key components upgraded which also reduce weight, such as PRL inlet, downpipe, maybe intake, etc.

I've got no interest in a heavy bar/plate IC, but I will be adding some weight back with a radiator and oil cooler. Still, not worth $800 for an unreliable battery from a slick willy type of company.

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CW Type R
These batteries are for track day cars, not really meant for cars that are daily driven. User experience may vary but not worth it for sure. Car battery technology hasn't really changed allot the last 30 years or so, and they are heavy, deal with it. If you have a reliable part and make it half the weight what do you give up, reliability.
Sponsored