• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
I’m out if that’s the case! Factor in the expensive car supplement for all cars that exceeds £40,000, which the current rate is £355 plus VED at £165. You will be paying £520 a year on top of any finance/loan taken out to buy the FL5. Not worth it.
Sponsored

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Why didn’t Honda release the all petrol, manual 2022 Civic Sport over here in the UK! Like they have in the US? I mean, I would be happy with the Si too!

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Over 40k is crazy and greedy profiteering. Between 37,500 and 38,999 is the correct and fair price for this car. Very very max 39,995 and even that's over what it should be.

FLRib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Has the TopGear article posted today, just now, inadvertently revealed the pricing? £45k would be madness!

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/to...ew-honda-civic-type-r-ep4-all-new-top-gear-tv

"In episode four of all-new Top Gear TV, Chris Harris puts the new Honda Civic Type R to the test using his patented ‘B-Road-O-Matic 3000’, the perfect tool for turning your desolate airfield into a stretch of sinuous B-road. Or, what others would call ‘an old tractor and some pots of paint strapped to the corners’. Can the ‘FL5’ generation of the famous Japanese hot hatch survive?

And more importantly, how does it compare to hot hatches of old? To help with the latter, Freddie Flintoff pops up in Tolman’s restomod Peugeot 205 GTI as both go for a bit of a skid around in two very different takes on the £45k-ish hot hatch formula."

Yes that Tolman 205 GTI is £45k (scroll down):
https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-review/peugeot/205/peugeot-205-gti-tolman-edition/

Thoughts if we see a £44,495 or some such pricing? I think that's really too much personally.
Why not Topgear test how does Porsch GT3 RS compare to hot sport cars of old? Because it can backfire and some interests can be affected.

According to what this Topgear have done to the FK8 when it was launched, i believe this episode four is all about bashing the FL5. I still remember how rude was Chris Harris when he tested the FK8. Unfortunately for Mr. Harris the FK8 won the title of best hothatch for two years in the UK.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
I dunno, because apparently he says he really likes it (the FL5 that is).

dorje

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST mk8
Why not Topgear test how does Porsch GT3 RS compare to hot sport cars of old? Because it can backfire and some interests can be affected.

According to what this Topgear have done to the FK8 when it was launched, i believe this episode four is all about bashing the FL5. I still remember how rude was Chris Harris when he tested the FK8. Unfortunately for Mr. Harris the FK8 won the title of best hothatch for two years in the UK.
Chris Harris was full of plaudits for the dynamics of the FK8 and the way it drove.

He was just openly critical about its exterior design, he wasn't the only motoring journalist with that view..

The FL5 I'll wager he'll have very little to critique, outside of its size (on UK roads) and perhaps price which hasn't been confirmed yet in the UK.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Well Top Gear gave little away. 324 Bhp so only 8 gained but with the extra weight of the FL5, it is irrelevant.

And "In the same ballpark" as the Pug 205 GTI which they said was £45k. So what exactly is the same ballpark? Sounds like it's within £2K of the Pug, as I'd expect same ballpark to be. £5k less (or anything greater) doesn't register as in the same ballpark to me.

Beenom

First Name
Moneeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Jazz
Article on evo dated 18th Nov, suggests Nov 30 for full specs and pricing details

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
I really like the thought of a A45S AMG now as a used car instead, so much bloody performance and that German build quality. I've seen one go round on track when I had my M2C and was mightily impressed. Just not sold on the looks
The A45s is a weapon. Worth it. Bucket seats ESSENTIAL. If for any reason I don't like the Type R I will trade it and get an A45s.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
The A45s is a weapon. Worth it. Bucket seats ESSENTIAL. If for any reason I don't like the Type R I will trade it and get an A45s.
I'm quite liking the M240i X-Drive now, quite a rear bias but puts power to he front when needed, a map will see get you a seriously quick car that can get its power down

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Well Top Gear gave little away. 324 Bhp so only 8 gained but with the extra weight of the FL5, it is irrelevant.

And "In the same ballpark" as the Pug 205 GTI which they said was £45k. So what exactly is the same ballpark? Sounds like it's within £2K of the Pug, as I'd expect same ballpark to be. £5k less (or anything greater) doesn't register as in the same ballpark to me.
Harris was just making it up, he doesn't know.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
That could be the case. Personally I can't imagine he wouldn't have asked the price, or been told and then given an NDA. Who would do a drive/review on an up and coming new car on Top Gear and not ask, or be told, how much it costs? Doesn't add up to me. I know it wasn't exactly a full on review as such so who knows.
Sponsored