• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
Surprised how much the tone can change between both articles…just with change in location
Yes agreed. Bit of a tangent, but how's the Focus RS? Thats another option I've been starting to look at.

Also, anyone else noticed the FL5 pop up on Autotrader for £60,000...?
Sponsored

rui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG6, AP1, FL5
hi all,

My dealer gave me confirmation of a second batch coming to Spain and that should mean 99.99% chance it is also confirmed for the UK (higher priority market I would imagine). Dont take my word for granted, but just my two cents!
That's good news! Do you have timing information, by any chance?

ash_rage

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8
Yes agreed. Bit of a tangent, but how's the Focus RS? Thats another option I've been starting to look at.

Also, anyone else noticed the FL5 pop up on Autotrader for £60,000...?
Prestige cars. Black listed. Thanks

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C, FL5
That's good news! Do you have timing information, by any chance?
Hey Rui,

I am going to see them this week to drive the Hybrid Civic, will let you know what they update me with but I am fearing it has been dead silence.

cheers!

Reactions: rui

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
strategy is see what they can get away with.

the same reg car is on this vid, vid has two cars it’s the one later in the video.

So it’s been bedded in nicely… not
That's odd isn't it? I thought the Thruxton test was a general press drive so is this a HUK press car?

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just checked and it's the same car used in the latest Autocar and Pistonheads reviews too.

fkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
So after giving up on the FL5 I managed to bag myself a used FK8. I absolutely love it! Had always wanted an FK8 before the FL5 was announced but couldn't find the means to afford it back then so got a FK7 Sport instead.

Admittedly it wasn't my first colour choice (I was looking for SGP, they are so hard to find) but Polished Metal Grey has really grown on me and I think I like it more over the SGP now, the red stripes show up really well against the darker grey, it has more of a race car vibe to it.

I think I've done well? Early 2018, done just over 20,000 miles, 1 owner, full Honda service history, previous owner upgraded the exhaust to a HKS Legamax as well. Car was just a little over £27K.

The previous owner has kept the car really clean and seemed to have looked after it well, everything feels new and the paint work is spot on. I was a little worried about the interior (I didn't go to see the car before purchase, it would have been 2 hours drive too far away), particularly worried if the bucket seats were worn as I have read they wear away quite easily if not looked after properly, but it has all been very well kept and almost like new to my surprise. The dealer has been keeping the car in their showroom so that kinda gave me an indication that the car must have looked half decent, and thankful that was the case when it arrived at my door.

FL5 was already some what off my mind because of the price tag, but now it is truly gone...for now!

ash_rage

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8
I actually think the FK8 is the better looking car.

It has all modern tech and the benefit of the FK8 is there is a wealth of aftermarket parts if you want to go down that route, the FL5 won’t be like that for a while.

I’ve sort of given up on the FL5 too, I’ll leave my deposit down at the dealers but I’ve just got a mark8 Golf GTI Clubsport 45. It’s sort of living the the shadow of the FL5 but actually if I got a call tomorrow for the FL5 I’d struggle to part ways with the Clubsport, it sounds great and even pops and bangs, it sounds twenty times better than the turbocharged K20 engines and the build quality is immense. The Type R has only one thing that I probably can’t turn off, sentimental value. If I get the call… I’ll have a serious decision to make, hopefully they call me in a few years when I’m bored of the Clubsport (if) and it will make it easier

Last edited: