• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone feel like lots of people expect you to drive like a jackass because you have this car?

AUGM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
I've only had this thing a little over 3 months and I get tail gated and passed a lot, especially on country back roads.
Can't really do an enjoyable drive, and I'm not driving like Granny.
I generally do the speed limit plus 5 or 10 over on these narrow roads with potholes, deer, etc and almost always have some meth monster mobile pass me on dangerous curves or a soccer mom tailgating me in a 4 Runner.
Anyone else?
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Just myself, and have way more than I would have otherwise.

For every tailgator there have been 10 that intentionally drop back to get an eyeful. Its funny, all the same threads have been made a year ago, like groundhogs day with each group of buyers. One takeaway from the original thread is - “it comes with the territory”…

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
No but alot of assholes drivers revving thier shit on my ass.... that I've witnessed personally more than once, put it mildly.....hahahaha .

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Just myself, and have way more than I would have otherwise.

For every tailgator there have been 10 that intentionally drop back to get an eyeful. Its funny, all the same threads have been made a year ago, like groundhogs day with each group of buyers. One takeaway from the original thread is - “it comes with the territory”…
Agree. What's most interesting is most have been on a forum before and know how they work. Do you think this is the first time ever that question has been asked? Just take five minutes to search and bump the old thread if you have something to add. 🤷‍♂️

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
There are always those drivers who think it is a good idea to tailgate. Or think your fast looking car should be driving more than 5 over the posted limit. Comes with the territory.
I have received a lot of positive reactions whenever I park it and someone notices the car.
That comes with the territory too. Starts some good conversations with other enthusiasts - Honda owners or not.

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
Just don't ever buy a Porsche 911, it will be even worse. :doh:

I was going through a sharp left hander in the Civic R and a big bloated SUV was converging on the same curve towards me and about a foot over the center line which ran me partly off the road. There are so many idiot drivers out there that I've decided to set up a dedicated video cam just in case since most people will hit and run these days.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I never have this issue...guess I'm the jackass🤣

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I live in Portland, OR and mostly everyone here is super nice. I’ve gotten compliments in other cars I’ve driven and no one really badgering me. The most obnoxious thing I’ve witnessed is a Supra with a crack and pop burble tune lining up his exhaust with my front driver window and constantly blipping his throttle to pop and crackle.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I get a lot of attention... Most of it is just fine.

I do get some dumb stuff. So, for example, I wanted to change lanes and figured I would get ahead of a Toyota Camry Hybrid that was right beside me. So I give enough throttle to be able to, in theory, comfortably do that. The Hybrid wasn't having any of it and sped up.

Maybe he thought I wanted to race?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I get a lot of attention... Most of it is just fine.

I do get some dumb stuff. So, for example, I wanted to change lanes and figured I would get ahead of a Toyota Camry Hybrid that was right beside me. So I give enough throttle to be able to, in theory, comfortably do that. The Hybrid wasn't having any of it and sped up.

Maybe he thought I wanted to race?

I had this happen in town where i was looking to move over and a small suv gunned it to get ahead and move over themselves. I just fell back and went about my business. Some folks feel a need to prove themselves, ok, go ahead of me and ill go about my day.

Having an exhaust doesn’t help, seems to amp up the weirdos.

Daniel Boffa

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Bottom line is this car gets a lot of attention from all different types of people. I’ve had people stick their head out the window at 75 mph just to give a thumbs up, I’ve had the gawking from the sidewalk, I’ve had the tailgaters who just want to see you drive it fast or drive with you, the ricers looking to race, people stop me in parking lots etc.

As others have said it comes with the territory. And if you’re an enthusiast who’s had nice cars you’re probably used to it, if not you will. But do give the nice people the time of day because that’s what makes this a great community! I will say this car gets more attention than I thought it would.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
Drive safe and defensive. That's all you can try to do.

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
agreed. i'll pull over or just exit into a random neighborhood if someone around me is driving unsafe. just adds like 10 seconds to my drive and i feel so much more relieved when i'm away from a crazy driver.

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
It's funny how polarizing the car is. It's like a love or hate thing. Today I was pulling out of my driveway and some truck coming down the road stopped and waved me on. :what:
Soo I'm thinking ok, does he just want some eye candy? ...or is he going to floor it and smash into me? :dunno: Well, he was just being nice and so I gave him one of these> :headbang:
Sponsored