• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is anyone producing a wing delete kit yet

CatD10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R, 2008 Civic, Ram1500
I'm fine with the wing but I think I would like it better without.
Sponsored

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Yep, as long as you don't have championship white, all other colors exist on the sport hatch as well

Last edited:

russ240

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Miata Club, 1995 911 C2, 2024 Civic Type R
A duckbill would be great, but at this point I'm just dying for someone with a 3d printer to sell some block off plates. My 12 year old does not like riding in the car because the wing is "too flashy". Of course I may have influenced this opinion.

nix6speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 ITS
A duckbill would be great, but at this point I'm just dying for someone with a 3d printer to sell some block off plates. My 12 year old does not like riding in the car because the wing is "too flashy". Of course I may have influenced this opinion.
This is the most ridiculous take. Spoiler is black and blends well with the hatch. Hardly too flashy. Have you never seen an FK8?

RacingIsLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 FL5, '23 BRZ, '15 EVO GSR, '15 Forester XT
Seriously now I take the FL5 as the Poor Man's GT3 / GT4. GOTTA have a wing. WHEEEEE

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 21 Porsche Cayman GT4, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
I prefer no wing but the FL5 wing blends in a lot more then the FK8.

civic2tegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Sport 6MT, 99' Civic hatch
As someone mentioned before getting a regular hatch from a base model would be your best bet. Less chance of water getting in but also just cleaner look rather than a piece of plastic block off imo.

Tac0mannn421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FL1 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Side note if any SGP owner in socal wants to swap hatches I'll trade with cash on top LOOL.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
I think the obvious solution is to get rid of your 12 year old.

russ240

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Miata Club, 1995 911 C2, 2024 Civic Type R
This is the most ridiculous take. Spoiler is black and blends well with the hatch. Hardly too flashy. Have you never seen an FK8?
Ridiculous is in the eye of the beholder. I (and my kiddo) find the wing to be ridiculous, but I did not come here to throw stones. And yes I have seen an FK8, I even test drove one (by myself with no salesman I might add .... GM said I was the only one to EVER go for a solo test drive in a CTR). I did NOT buy it precisely because of the the "look" . The understated look of the FL5 drove me back into the showroom and I drove it off the floor. But it would be much better in my eye without the rear wing. Going with the Porsche comparison, I'll take the GT3 Touring thank you very much ... or really the 911 S/T for those that follow the P-cars.

Zone47

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic type R, MK7 GTI, Toyota 4x4
At first I didn't like the wing and thought it made the car look like a 'speed racer' wanna be.... BUT it's grown on me and is part of the Honda vibe.

Still, it would be a sleeper to a degree without it. :dunno:
Sponsored