Sponsored

Anyone spend time at Mid Ohio?

mike_99gsx

New Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Aug 26, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus Ohio
Vehicle(s)
2026 Integra Type S
Fellow racers,
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with their FK8/FL5/DE5 at Midohio? In short, I have been away from cars for about 20 years. Was a Mitsu 4G63 guy but got a DE5 last year, got the mod bug and threw a lot into the car this first year, and was able to take it out there for 2 HPDE events. Overall, I think the car did really well and seemed to turn a lot of heads at the Porsche events I went to. I am hoping to run about 5-6 next year, have a basement full of new parts ready to put on over the winter, and just wondering if anyone else out there has some experience there that I could share some data with and maybe learn a few things.

Thanks!
Sponsored

 

Hailw00d

Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
38
Reaction score
112
Location
Nashville, TN
Vehicle(s)
2025 CTR
Hey there! I've had my FL5 at Mid-Ohio the last couple years for the 3Balls Racing event in August. MidO has always been one of my favorite tracks to lap, and I've had a great time with the Type R there. Happy to talk about anything specific you'd want to know.

Here's my lap from August on the Club configuration. I had one that was a little quicker (1:38.9) the year before in better conditions but I think this one was better driven:

 
OP
OP

mike_99gsx

New Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Aug 26, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus Ohio
Vehicle(s)
2026 Integra Type S
Wow thanks for sharing! I was running 1:47-1:48 and it felt good. Now I know I have a lot to shoot for! Based on my limited experience, I am sure that my times could continue to improve by just more seat time. But I have some decisions to make on what is important, and not important, on the car to improve track performance.

Would you mind sharing your general setup in terms of mods? I have all of the usual bolt ons, a Kuro+ turbo, E85. Stock suspension plus a rear sway bar and rear strut brace. Paragon R5/P3 pads with SRF fluid. Still on the Stock Pilot ps4s.

The turbo is probably holding me back a little in terms of lag and exit speed. But I am trying to get a gauge of what other people are running. I am sure my issue is just as much seat time as anything else but excited to improve.
 

Hailw00d

Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
38
Reaction score
112
Location
Nashville, TN
Vehicle(s)
2025 CTR
My car is totally stock power-wise so you should have a pretty significant advantage there.

I'm guessing that a big opportunity for you is in the tires. The stock Michelins are ok, but MidO has a lot of technical sections where the extra grip really helps. It will also let you carry more speed and get on the power earlier coming out of the keyhole which has a big impact on your top speed.

Otherwise the biggest change I made was the DSC controller that let me dial some of the mid-corner push out of the car and let me carry more speed where the Honda bridge used to be.

Here's my full list of mods:
Apex VS-5RS 18x10.5 w/ Bridgestone Potenza RE-71RZ 265/35R18
Stock Power
Apexii N1 Evo Catback
Paragon R5 Pads Front/Rear
Stock Suspension with DSC Sport Controller
Eibach Rear Bar + Links
PRL Rear Motor Mount
WOT Performance Vented Undertray
Project Aero Front Lip
 
OP
OP

mike_99gsx

New Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Aug 26, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus Ohio
Vehicle(s)
2026 Integra Type S
Where it looks like you are way quicker than me is everything going into T7-T12. I was only downshifting to 4th at the braking zone and then shifting down to 3rd up the hill to T8. Looks like you are going down 5th to 3rd at the hard braking zone. I also had a hard time coming i to Thunder Valley and getting into 4th like you already are.

I’ll be going to a 200 TW for next year but haven’t decided on which. I need to decide if I am going to drop down to 18s or not. I could do Pilot Cup 2s if I stick with 19s but would obviously have more choices if I drop down
Sponsored

 
 







Top