• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Are they lying about the Type-R track times??

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I can't believe I just wasted that much time of my life listening to this guy. I bet if you take those cars and run them a dozen times with different drivers on different days (temps , sunny, cloudy, etc) you will get different times. It just happens the best time from 2020 was one time and the best time from 2022 was another time. Take your pic.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
All this is a pissing contest...fuck! No wonder our species is fucking up our world...🤦‍♂️

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I can't believe I just wasted that much time of my life listening to this guy. I bet if you take those cars and run them a dozen times with different drivers on different days (temps , sunny, cloudy, etc) you will get different times. It just happens the best time from 2020 was one time and the best time from 2022 was another time. Take your pic.
They are both run hard with the best driver under same or similar conditions. The time is the very best of probably hundreds of runs. Its about capability, tune, capability, tune, etc. To think all of that testing and tweaking is arbitrary is ridiculous at best…

Last edited:

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
No need to watch when I know this is OP's video and he's fishing for views lol

First Name
Hong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
The guy is hard to listen to but I have downloaded both videos (both 24 frames per seconds), watched side by side and frame by frame. I did find the following:

1. At the beginning, when both cars cross the checker line, the clock does start later for the 11th Gen-R by 0.167 seconds.
2. At the very end, next the last frame before the clock stoppage of the 11th Gen-R, reads 2:23.083, and the 10th Gen-R is at 2:23.310. Or a 0.227 seconds different.
3. Both clocks appear to stop at the checker line at the end.

So I'll say this. We expect new cars to be faster. I just don't get why they the clocks start at different times and why the time-gap widens as time goes on. We can each draw our own conclusion.

I have an FK8 and love it and I love how Honda is pushing the R.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
The guy is hard to listen to but I have downloaded both videos (both 24 frames per seconds), watched side by side and frame by frame. I did find the following:

1. At the beginning, when both cars cross the checker line, the clock does start later for the 11th Gen-R by 0.167 seconds.
2. At the very end, next the last frame before the clock stoppage of the 11th Gen-R, reads 2:23.083, and the 10th Gen-R is at 2:23.310. Or a 0.227 seconds different.
3. Both clocks appear to stop at the checker line at the end.

So I'll say this. We expect new cars to be faster. I just don't get why they the clocks start at different times and why the time-gap widens as time goes on. We can each draw our own conclusion.

I have an FK8 and love it and I love how Honda is pushing the R.
Unless you are there with time tracking you would not have a perfect sense for tenths - particularly based on a video. If the 11th did not run on cups then you can take a couple more seconds off and sleep well tonight.

Last edited:

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Trying to extrapolate fine margins from video is useless, never mind that these are likely 2 different cameras as well. This just seems like bait to try and get a viral video. Never mind this likely isn’t the actual track timing data being displayed either.
Sponsored