• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Australian Type R Order/Info Thread

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
Received an email from my dealer. Wanted to confirm my details as order allocations will open "soon"...
Sponsored

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
Received an email from my dealer. Wanted to confirm my details as order allocations will open "soon"...
Thats exciting, I'm guessing they didn't give anything else away?

Will be interesting to see how Honda Aus handles the launch allocation. I'm guessing its first come first serve for the initial stock.
I just hope they don't trash the heritage of (relatively) cheap performance and launch it at some ridiculous price.

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep I was told first come first serve, and "extremely" limited supply.
He gave no indication on what "soon" might mean.
I went in there 16 months ago and put my name down so I am apparently number 1 on their list.
Any deposit I provide will be contingent on the driveaway price. If it's offensive, I'm out.

nezumi

First Name
John Vilios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
Interesting. What was your preferred colour for the order? I wonder how limited it is, really curious about the quantities of the FL5 coming into Australia. No doubt it will be more limited than the Fk8's or the GR Yaris, GR Corolla. FL5 will surely be more of a gem than the GR's and appreciate more in value.

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
Yep I was told first come first serve, and "extremely" limited supply.
He gave no indication on what "soon" might mean.
I went in there 16 months ago and put my name down so I am apparently number 1 on their list.
Any deposit I provide will be contingent on the driveaway price. If it's offensive, I'm out.
Same, I am first on the list at my local dealer subject to how greedy Honda Aus want to be.
He seems to think orders could open next month for Jan/Feb arrival but its pure speculation at this stage.

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. What was your preferred colour for the order? I wonder how limited it is, really curious about the quantities of the FL5 coming into Australia. No doubt it will be more limited than the Fk8's or the GR Yaris, GR Corolla. FL5 will surely be more of a gem than the GR's and appreciate more in value.

The GR Toyotas (86, Yaris and soon Corolla) are great cars but there are too many of them.
I like the 86, and it's outstanding value, but I already have a coupe.
The Yaris has rear seats only suitable for amputees.
The Corolla looks too 'boy racer' for my tastes and my age group.
If I get a CTR it will be white. The other colours don't even exist in my mind.

FuguFL5

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord Euro
Hi Team,

First post, going to put down deposit for the FL5. Spoke with Honda today West Melb Suburbs and they confirmed 6 deposits have been taken. I asked how the vehicles were allocated in the past with the previous type R?

They mentioned that they are considered a high performing Honda which holds weight and increases chances of higher allocations. They did also mention that they delivered a Phoenix Yellow FK8 which shows something. Anyway. Im tossing between Champ white (cant lose) and Boost Blue??

Cheers!!

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
Hi All,

Just came across this thread - I've had my order for several months - was second in line at my dealer.

Honda Australia sent out an email yesterday alongside the Japan release, that basically had the same info - however also mentioned this :

'the all-new Civic Type R will officially be released in Japan tomorrow, September 2, 2022 before heading to other markets around the world over the coming months.'

Could of course just be copy and paste but there is only a few lines of info given and one of those lines says :

'With it's award-winning 2.0 litre VTEC Turbo engine producing 235kW'

Edit - I guess that means we're getting the same as US as far as power rating.

Last edited:

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
Japan gets 243kw. We will get 235kw, same as USA.
Yeah it was the same with the FK8. Some say its due to Fuel quality and others say it's because of our hotter climates?
We have far better fuel than the US and FL5 was meant to address the overheating issues so....:dunno:

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
Yeah it was the same with the FK8. Some say its due to Fuel quality and others say it's because of our hotter climates?
We have far better fuel than the US and FL5 was meant to address the overheating issues so....:dunno:
Not saying you're wrong, but just curious why you say we have better fuel - the 'RON' rating we have is not the same rating system as the 'Octane' rating they use. For example, from memory, 93 PON/Octane is the same as 98 RON that we use.

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
Not saying you're wrong, but just curious why you say we have better fuel - the 'RON' rating we have is not the same rating system as the 'Octane' rating they use. For example, from memory, 93 PON/Octane is the same as 98 RON that we use.
You're right, I should have said better availability. From what I've read 93 in the US can be hard to find depending on the state so it makes sense to offer a detuned version.
Here we have 98 pretty much everywhere. Or maybe I just really want them to give us the full fat version from Japan!! 😆
Sponsored