• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Australian Type R Order/Info Thread

OP
OP
APH

APH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CTR (FL5), BMW M2C (F87)
Got my official contract at 8:30 this morning. Signed and back with the dealer by 9.

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
Likewise. Contract signed. Championship White.
FYI - Carsales review mentioned 500 cars for Australia. They are the only media outlet to mention a quantity. Unsure how accurate this is.

Reactions: APH

AL_FL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Contract signed, refundable deposit previously paid is now non refundable . I went with championship white, but still deciding on the accessories. Carpet mat is a given, not sure about other accessories.

I was a bit hesitant with the price, but decided to go with it as there aren't too many alternatives for a manual fun car that can also be used as a family car. The i30N sedan and the WRX are less powerful, and a bit aesthetically challenged, and the GR Corolla is very cramped and quite difficult to get hold of one.

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The deposit IS refundable, as long as you withdraw before a car allocated to you is on a truck on it's way to your local dealership. Extract from the contract below.
Demonstrators are expected to arrive in early February.
Customer cars arrive later in the month and into March.
So you should have an opportunity to drive the demo car before a car is allocated to you.

CONTRACT EXTRACT
Clause 10. Termination and Deposit
10.1 The Purchaser can terminate this by providing written notice to the Honda Representative any time prior to taking delivery of the Vehicle.
10.2 If the Purchaser terminates this Contract, the Honda Representative will:
a) return any Trade-In Vehicle to the Purchaser, subject to the Purchaser refunding to the Honda Representative any payment for the Trade-In Vehicle
made by the Honda Representative; and
b) refund any paid Deposit to the Purchaser unless the Purchaser terminates this Contract after the Vehicle has commenced its transportation to the
Honda Centre and the date upon which the Vehicle would be, or is, ready to be collected by the Purchaser is less than 30 days after the Estimated Delivery Date.

Shinchan

First Name
Shin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Exige, Nissan S15
Contract signed yesterday as well, for a Championship white. Dealer said I am in the top 300 (Australia wide), so if Australia gets 600 a year, hopefully I will get mine in 6-9 months.. I guess it depends on how many allocation each dealerships gets and what colour... waiting game now.

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
Initial allocations have sold out for Aus. Honda are telling their dealers to expect 2024 allocations for any further orders.
It warms my heart a little that there is still such demand for this segment of car. Congrats to those that have placed an order! It sounds like a cracker!

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
What's the source of this info?
My mate that works at a Honda Dealership.
Honda sent a communication to help manage customer expectations.
He said this maybe a result of "unconfirmed" orders in the system that haven't recieved a deposit. Apparently there is a 48hr grace period for customers to come up with the deposit and confirm their order, but he seems to think there must be enough in the order bank to warrant Honda saying 2024 for any new orders.

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
Honda have begun allocating customer vehicles for those who were in nice and early.
ETAs as early as Feb arrival!
Might be worth a phone call to your Dealer :)

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks just emailed. I had my name down 18 months ago and paid my deposit before 1 December. Of course, Adelaide being 10 years behind the rest of the world I will probably get my allocation in 2033.

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The response I got back was a thinly veiled, don't call us, we'll call you...
Paid my deposit before December 1, signed on opening day, no allocation yet...

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
Hi all, first post here. Nice to meet everyone, looking forward to a long, fun and non productive journey together....

My understanding is that your place in the queue is determined by when you paid the $1000 deposit and signed the initial contract, and not by how quickly you signed after order books open on 1 December. I was told by the dealer that each dealer gets whatever they're allocated by Honda Australia, and within that allocation, the queue is by order of the initial expression of interest. Anyone think this isn't the case? I'm interested in clarifying this since my dealer took his time calling me.

OP
OP
APH

APH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CTR (FL5), BMW M2C (F87)
Any updates JBO?

My dealer has confirmed I'm not in the first (March) batch... He is expecting more info early next year in regards to when the next batches will be delivered.

Bit disappointing to not be in the first batch considering I signed an initial contract and paid my deposit in mid-July and there are people in the Australian FB groups reporting March deliveries after paying their deposits later than that. Oh well, cest la vie...
Sponsored