• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Australian Type R Order/Info Thread

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
Honda Australia having lots of demo cars tells me they'll sell every type r they can get to our shores. Let's not kid ourselves about this being a rare car in this country. It won't be.
Sponsored

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
We have two dealers, so two demonstrators. Assuming Modbury got 2 cars, and Glen Osmond got two cars, thats two demonstrators and one each for the Dealer Principals at each dealership...

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Sorry to hear. That's the problem with building a relationship with sales reps. It could all be for nothing.
I’ve always dealt with the sales managers when buying cars. The salesman is just the introduction to the manger, it just cuts out the middle man in the negotiation and saves me the time of doing all the haggling twice.

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
Must admit I was very surprised as I expected to have my car on display with a customer car. And when I said demo the salesman made a point of saying it was a display model.

Also I assume it is owned by Honda Australia which would mean 80+ if every dealer got one but I suspect they might only have 1-2 on display in each major city.
This is correct. The way the agency model was explained to me was the cars in the Dealership are owned by Honda and are for display purposes only (some are demos, again registered to Honda). If you buy a vehicle then it is shipped from the warehouse. Similar setup to white goods, you don't get the one on the floor.

It does seem strange that they are doing this given the initial demand, you would think they would want as many as possible out and about. Artificial scaricity maybe????

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
Exactly the same boat. He said in an email today they got two cars and I wasn't in the first batch.
Paid my deposit as soon as they opened and signed my contract on 1 December.
It's pretty obvious the dealer principal got the first car and the other is the demo.
Of course they will never admit that.
We were never going to be first.
Smoke and Mirrors...welcome to the Thunderdome! :flame:
My mate is a rural dealer and even they are getting a display/demo which they weren't expecting.
White is supposedly hella popular, may be contributing to the delay.

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
I ordered red, but that's not enough to get a call from the dealer

eriktufa

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3
Perth will have demo car from 1 February.

I put deposit in July and signed the contract first week of December. Apparently mine will arrive in March.

Expected mid or late 2023.

Shinchan

First Name
Shin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Exige, Nissan S15
I haven't heard any update or news from my dealership and I signed the contract on the 1st dec. Anyone know how many units is Australia getting in the first shipment and also in 2023?

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
How many Fk8 generation Type R was sold in Australia? 3000?

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
Oops just read the article:

Data sourced by Drive revealed 1200 to 1300 previous-generation Civic Type Rs – about 3.5 per cent of total Civic sales locally – were sold in Australia across its model run, from October 2017 to mid-2021.

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
Anyone else gotten notice from dealers about specific timing on delivery?

scoobz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
No time on delivery yet.
I did get a call from the dealership last week asking how I would pay for the rest the balance.
Sales person mentioned they are expecting first allocations around March but we won't know exactly until they hand out the VIN numbers.
Sponsored