• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Australian Type R Order/Info Thread

OP
OP
APH

APH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CTR (FL5), BMW M2C (F87)
Did anyone on here get any further updates today?

I spoke to my dealer. Car has been allocated and showing in the system as estimated to arrive at the dealer in March.

Reading on the Australian FB groups there seems to be a lot of people reporting allocations getting pushed out or different dates to what they heard pre-Christmas.
Sponsored

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
No news. I still don't get what's the determining factor, when you put down the EOI deposit or how quickly you signed the contract from 1 December?

OP
OP
APH

APH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From the chat I had with the dealer today, it sounds like orders have been broadly aligned to deposit dates.

I'm wondering if following all the orders coming in on 1 Dec if Honda then reviewed/reordered them based on the deposit date. Hence why some people are reporting date blowouts today on FB.

What did you sign M156 when you paid your deposit?

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
I'm hoping you're right, because FB posts suggest some people think it's how quickly you signed the Honda contract on 1 December that determines when you get your allocation. That would be infuriating, because what's the point of the deposit then?

I paid EOI deposit in August and signed the contract a day or two after 1 December.

I don't feel sorry for those with their dates pushed back. At least they have a date!

hitch

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Yeah plenty of noise about huge delays even for those who paid the deposit and got a contract signed on the day the books opened.

Myself and a few others are still waiting on an update, last one being "Yep around late March or early April"

Reactions: APH

OP
OP
APH

APH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm hoping I'm right too...! While there is some good info on the FB groups, there is a lot of stuff that seems nonsensical too...

I completely agree with your comment on the deposits too. It makes zero sense for them to mean nothing. When I put down my deposit, the dealer actually flagged to me that they had to get approval from Honda Aus to take deposits and that Honda Aus was tracking the deposits being taken. If Honda Aus is aware of the deposits, why would they want to screw those people who placed orders early? Doesn't make sense. Also, if it was based on when contracts were signed/submitted I would imagine a couple of hundred would have been done on the east coast before 9am Perth time on the 1st... I'm pretty certain there are going to be some early batch cars going to Perth...

I would definitely follow up with the dealer as it sounds like all orders have an allocation date in the system from today. Could be worth a follow up direct with Honda Aus if you are getting nothing from the dealer?

hitch

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
The EOI Deposits surely were an easy way for Aus to gauge interest for Honda HQ, without an order in the system until they were able to log it through, it was all just hopes and dreams.
I put my deposit for EOI with the temporary contract in August as well... have been told first batch but who knows...

And yes, FB is filled with a lot of clowns.

Reactions: APH

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
Ok I didn't know all orders have an allocation date now. Will certainly be calling the dealer.

You're totally right APH about the Perth vs East coast timezones. It would be ludicrous if that's how they ordered it

Poshie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Hi All,

Dealer called today to say a car has been allocated to me for delivery in mid-end of April. Not sure how realistic that is. I registered interest with the dealer early 2022, paid deposit mid November and signed order on December 1st.

OP
OP
APH

APH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I didn't know all orders have an allocation date now. Will certainly be calling the dealer.
I don't know for sure, but considering there are people on FB reporting being advised specific months across 2023 and 2024 it feels like dealers must be able to see estimates for each order.

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
I tried to pay an early deposit three times. The first time was in 2020. The other two times were in March and October 2022. Each time I was told we can't take deposits until orders open.
Then 3 days before orders opened I was told "I think you'd better pay a deposit" so I did.
I signed on December 1. A mate of mine did the same thing and ordered the same spec from the same dealer. Paid the deposit on the same day and signed on the same day.
He's getting his car in April/May.
I'm getting mine in December.
Where is the fairness or transparency in this ordering system?
It's a complete shitshow.
And Toyota is even worse, they've "left it to the dealers to decide" who gets GRC allocations. So with 232 dealers across Australia that's 464 cars allocated to the dealer principals and their best mates.

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
JBO that sounds painful. To me there is no rhyme or reason to this process. It's like they're spinning a bottle.

OP
OP
APH

APH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's rough JBO... Seems like each dealer just made up their own approach before the order book opened and it's been a complete lottery as a result. Makes even less sense the April v December date estimates :(

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
The dealer advised me it'll be January 2024. Even though I paid the deposit in August and signed the Honda contract on 2 December. Everything about this whole process stinks. Sure, there's supply shortages, but they completely ruined the customer experience with the inconsistencies and dodginess. The whole agency model was supposed to be transparent. Honda Australia should be ashamed.
Sponsored