• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Australian Type R Order/Info Thread

oreopizza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD RX7
I put my deposit down in October 2022 then signed and received my contract on 2/12/2022.

My dealer assured me (at least for this dealership) the signing date didn't matter as they internally determined the allocation based on the initial deposit date. He showed me a full list of the deposits made before 1/12/2022 against their initial allocation of cars, showing that it didn't matter what opportunity number was written on the contract issued on 1/12/2022.

There were 8 white, 2 red, 2 black, and 2 grey cars in the first allocation. The earliest deposit I saw on the list was from 2021, an FK8 order which was carried over.
Sponsored

hitch

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
I think it is pretty obvious Honda Aus is in a bad state, the agency model may be the beginning of the end. I just want my FL5, then they can shut the doors lol

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
I couldn't agree more. Honda is a non-entity to the Australian public, and would be to me too if it wasn't for this one model

Reactions: JBO

Mkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Has anyone heard any further news regarding expected landed dates for those lucky enough to get an allocation?

OP
OP
APH

APH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CTR (FL5), BMW M2C (F87)
Got my VIN last week and confirmation that it is currently on its way across to Aus. Estimated to get to the dealer sometime in March.

11th Gen Honda Civic Australian Type R Order/Info Thread FL5Status

Looking on the FB groups, it looks like some people are getting cars delivered this week

Has anyone heard any further news regarding expected landed dates for those lucky enough to get an allocation?

AL_FL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I was originally told late March for my order, but I've just found out that due to delays in Port of Melbourne, the ETA is now May/June this year. Not sure if this applies to people in other state, or is it specific to Victoria.

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
How can it be delayed by 2 or 3 months at the port? This isn't the middle of COVID lockdowns

nezumi

First Name
John Vilios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
I was originally told late March for my order, but I've just found out that due to delays in Port of Melbourne, the ETA is now May/June this year. Not sure if this applies to people in other state, or is it specific to Victoria.
The vehicles docked at the port last week from the shipping career rcc tianjin. I don’t think the cars going to sit outside for 3 months. The paint will surely get damaged from the weather.

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
So the ship is just sitting there for 3 months? Makes no sense

nezumi

First Name
John Vilios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux
So the ship is just sitting there for 3 months? Makes no sense

no, it was hanging around for couple weeks outside of port Philip bay in the ocean and it docked at the port last week and unloaded. The ship left the ports so basically it’s either sitting at the lot or getting delivered to the dealers. Hopefully delivery this month maybe.

Poshie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Just been to the Adelaide dealership and they have a very nice red demonstrator in the showroom. Looks like my vehicle is more May than April now though 😭

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
I drove the red demo today. Exceptional.
Very pleased I was able to drive it with a mate, and no salesperson on board.
Ride was good in comfort. It has the dual personality I was looking for.
Great body control, sharp turn in, maybe a slight lack of torque below 2000rpm but after that, no problem whatsoever. Gearchange very good, but not Porsche good as so many journos claim.
Mine arrives in December.
Very,very impressive car.

11th Gen Honda Civic Australian Type R Order/Info Thread 1680333362587

M156

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204 C63 AMG Edition 507
Thanks for the brief review. Looks so striking in red.

There seems to be 2 camps, one saying this thing's shift action is better than Porsche and another saying Porsche is better. I drove the FK8 and the shift was good but didn't wow me. If FL5 is on a similar level as FK8 then I might be in the latter camp
Sponsored