• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AWE Track rattle

s2k666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fl5
Had this installed yesterday. It randomly starts rattling from the tail section. I brought it back to the shop to make sure everything was tightened down and check clearances. Its not contacting anywhere and everything is tight. The mechanic thought the sound was coming from inside the muffler section. Any idea what this sound is?

View attachment 240885
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Are the exhaust tips removable? I’d start there

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Hey OP! Very surprised that is what the shop told you considering it distinctly sounds like something is making contact.

I would check that the rear hangars are not making contact especially when warm.

Seeing how far those tips are sticking out, I would want to ensure all the slip fit joints farther up in the system are properly bottomed out, if not the hangars will be too far back and could make contact.

Feel free to shoot me a DM and I can assist in troubleshooting and of course get you over to customer support if it's not a quick fix that we can tackle 🤝

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Hey OP! Very surprised that is what the shop told you considering it distinctly sounds like something is making contact.

I would check that the rear hangars are not making contact especially when warm.

Seeing how far those tips are sticking out, I would want to ensure all the slip fit joints farther up in the system are properly bottomed out, if not the hangars will be too far back and could make contact.

Feel free to shoot me a DM and I can assist in troubleshooting and of course get you over to customer support if it's not a quick fix that we can tackle 🤝
Man look at that customer care đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 CW CTR
Brought it to a different shop, and they confirmed that it was not contacting anything and all clamps were tight. The sound is coming from the center pipe in the tailsection where the glasspack material is.
So the resonator in the midpipe.

TheoTheo

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Had this installed yesterday. It randomly starts rattling from the tail section. I brought it back to the shop to make sure everything was tightened down and check clearances. Its not contacting anywhere and everything is tight. The mechanic thought the sound was coming from inside the muffler section. Any idea what this sound is?

View attachment 240885
Hey bud, you ever figure out the issue, I’m running into the same thing

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
I have the AWE Touring but just looking at your setup, it looks very far back. Check under the car and look at the rubber bushings that the hangers on the muffler slide into. They should be sticking out about 1/4-1/2" towards the engine. If it's any less than that, you likely need to bottom-out all sections of the exhaust.

I had an annoying rattle for months (not nearly as bad as yours) and it would only happen at low RPMs in high gears. Turns out the muffler was barely hanging in the bushings (there were multiple times both hangers slipped out of the bushings and were just free-falling). Had to loosen all the clamps and force the pipes as far forward as they would go. Apparently this is a pretty common issue with slip-fit exhausts.

:edit:

The hangers I am talking about are the ones on the side of the muffler nearest to the engine.

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
11th Gen Honda Civic AWE Track rattle IMG_0158

This is a Touring exhaust so yours won’t use the bushings labeled B but make sure the ones labeled A aren’t sticking through too far. If they are you probably have the exhaust too far back.

It’s likely either hitting the heat shield or the subframe (near the clamp by F38 in the pic above).
Sponsored