• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Back up camera, infotainment, and steering wheel questions.

AUGM1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI
I've had my 23 Type R for a few months now, and have a few questions about the above.
1st, is there a way to turn the camera off or the brightness down?
Damn thing blinds me at night, making it harder to back up because it messes with so much that I can barely use the mirrors or look out the back.
2nd, is there a setting that allows album art and such to be displayed on the screen?
My last car was a CX 5 Signature and it showed a lot of album art and random pics of bands for some reason.
3rd, would you recommend wrapping the Alcantara steering wheel with one of those leather wraps?
I like the wheel, but I know it is going to just get nasty.
Sponsored

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
1. I'm pretty sure you can turn down the infotainment brightness or it's tied to the dimmer switch. Check to make sure you're not at the max setting.

2. If you are using CarPlay or Android Auto all of your music apps should be displaying album art in the Now Playing view.

3. You can swap back to a leather steering wheel for a couple hundred dollars plus labor. It's what I would recommend if your Alcantara gets dirty or you're that concerned. I've personally been looking at the Integra Type S wheel since it's perforated leather and still has red stitching.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I've had my 23 Type R for a few months now, and have a few questions about the above.
1st, is there a way to turn the camera off or the brightness down?
Damn thing blinds me at night, making it harder to back up because it messes with so much that I can barely use the mirrors or look out the back.
2nd, is there a setting that allows album art and such to be displayed on the screen?
My last car was a CX 5 Signature and it showed a lot of album art and random pics of bands for some reason.
3rd, would you recommend wrapping the Alcantara steering wheel with one of those leather wraps?
I like the wheel, but I know it is going to just get nasty.
Get some cheap gloves from saints of speed. It will never get dirty that way.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Ya I’m with you on the brightness. Im pretty new to this car, feel like that’s the first night I had to back out of my driveway and I couldn’t see shit. Thing is, screen isn’t bright, it only gets bright when you put the car in reverse. Let me know if you figure it out before I look into it one of these nights.

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus ES350 / 24 CBP Type R R-19500
I wish we had a better backup camera. My 2007 Lexus has a better backup camera than my FL5

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Yes there is a brightness on the camera on left bottom corner. I think it saves the setting
Sponsored