• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Blitz / GruppeM Carbon Intake System

VtecTurbo

First Name
VTEC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Let’s not be hostile yeah?

I know its the same MHI turbo and it was for me cheaper than most options when landed.

So going by how inferior the 💩 turbo is, Spoon let alone J’s Racing must be complete morons that don’t know what they’re doing.

MHI is Japanese and OEM. Again I’m not out there pushing for numbers in my car and I’d rather strike a good balance of reliability with a proven maker.

Eventuri? Been there done that with the FK8 and wanted a change this time with the FL5.
Eventuri was miles ahead in design with its secondary inlet but this time was a bit disappointing with the FL5 variant.
I am not being hostile to you but spoon... that brand is just not worth and basically you are paying for the badge for most of ppls, i am not saying not good, but their products are "old school".

To be honest, JDM brands are playing themself and standing still when US and EU brands utilize new technologies to develops new products that keep pace with the times.

When you say Spoon and Js don’t know what they’re doing, the fact is they have limited options in choosing turbo, by supporting their japanese maker and something else... you wont see them selling other brands' hardware but their own, only MHI can fulfill their requirements, otherwise you can see a "SPOON" RV6 TURBO i supposed.

Without upgrading the fuel system, the MHI turbo is well enough to max out the fuel, with no fuel hardwares in their brand ,the MHI is the only choice for them coz of MIJ.

I know your choice in terms of reliability, and MHI is also a proven maker and OEM, but better design, better materials are just better...

Eventuri claim that the intake box in FL5 is big enough for no need with secondary inlet pipe, believe or not that is the final results, sometimes simple is better.

Everyone has their own perference, if you are JDMism, just go all JDM... That's the way you play.

Easy for you to understand my opinions: i choose the best but not the brand.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I am not being hostile to you but spoon... that brand is just not worth and basically you are paying for the badge for most of ppls, i am not saying not good, but their products are "old school".

To be honest, JDM brands are playing themself and standing still when US and EU brands utilize new technologies to develops new products that keep pace with the times.

When you say Spoon and Js don’t know what they’re doing, the fact is they have limited options in choosing turbo, by supporting their japanese maker and something else... you wont see them selling other brands' hardware but their own, only MHI can fulfill their requirements, otherwise you can see a "SPOON" RV6 TURBO i supposed.

Without upgrading the fuel system, the MHI turbo is well enough to max out the fuel, with no fuel hardwares in their brand ,the MHI is the only choice for them coz of MIJ.

I know your choice in terms of reliability, and MHI is also a proven maker and OEM, but better design, better materials are just better...

Eventuri claim that the intake box in FL5 is big enough for no need with secondary inlet pipe, believe or not that is the final results, sometimes simple is better.

Everyone has their own perference, if you are JDMism, just go all JDM... That's the way you play.

Easy for you to understand my opinions: i choose the best but not the brand.
Well to be fair, not everybody needs the most power and RV6 is a very attractive option. I’m not 100% sure who manufactures their turbo but the spool up on the MHI is hard to beat and the RV6 won’t compare.

Now if you are looking for outright power there are better options out there than stock frame turbos. If we are really talking about the best. In my book its Garret, Borgwarner.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 CW CTR
It's weird how people on here and the Type R subreddit judge people on spending too much money because of a brand or that things are expensive. Let the people buy or do whatever they want, it does not affect you in any way.

Sorry for the soapbox momento :beer:

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It's weird how people on here and the Type R subreddit judge people on spending too much money because of a brand or that things are expensive. Let the people buy or do whatever they want, it does not affect you in any way.

Agree! Let people buy what they want. I’m all for it.

VtecTurbo

First Name
VTEC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Well to be fair, not everybody needs the most power and RV6 is a very attractive option. I’m not 100% sure who manufactures their turbo but the spool up on the MHI is hard to beat and the RV6 won’t compare.

Now if you are looking for outright power there are better options out there than stock frame turbos. If we are really talking about the best. In my book its Garret, Borgwarner.
indeed with a smaller case spools up better.

VtecTurbo

First Name
VTEC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

Agree, i am talking my opinion ONLY.

But not forcing anyone else buying or choosing any product.

Sorry to make you misunderstand with my strong language aiming to spoon ONLY.

I just hate this brand - I am not saying not good. When a brand selling its product with same thing in the market but higher price due to their ability of reducing costs. Making their products less Competitiveness. It will beat by others competitors.

From my point of view, i am giving suggestion of saving money ONLY. But you play your way, buy what you want, choose what you want. I'am all for it too.

Last edited:

VtecTurbo

First Name
VTEC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
FYI: The GruppeM will sometimes cause P0507 error code that is idle control system higher RPM than expected. I already tested with my car.

Maybe you should adjust maf calibration after install the Gm intake system.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
indeed with a smaller case spools up better.
Yes it’s all about the goals of the person. I track my car so I prefer to have some transient response instead of all out power. But if I was looking for big numbers on a stock frame I would go RV6 and if I wanted really big numbers something more custom.
Sponsored