• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Blitz / GruppeM Carbon Intake System

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
I don’t think anyone has covered the Blitz Carbon Intake System yet.

These are essentially the GruppeM without the K&N filter.

Very solid system in general, loved the fact it had a secondary source of air like the FK8 Eventuri’s had.

Sounds great and after 2500rpm the car keeps pulling well right up to redline.

Definitely missed the intake noise for sure!

I had to reference two manuals (Blitz and GruppeM) to install these but the video should help with most of the procedures.

Sponsored

Doskiller

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R FL5
That stainless steel filter is awesome ........ never seen another like it. This system will also hook right up to the PRL titanium intake tube if needed. The expense though ............

OP
OP

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
That stainless steel filter is awesome ........ never seen another like it. This system will also hook right up to the PRL titanium intake tube if needed. The expense though ............
It was quite interesting that the shape was like the Eventuri filter but with a stainless material.

Wholesale price was a lot more manageable than retail so atleast the wife isn’t complaing (for now) 😬

Doskiller

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R FL5
If looks could kill, that intake is the trick. The PLM intake also looks good but no secondary source for air.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Thanks for sharing this video. I like the look and design of the Blitz/GruppeM intake.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
If looks could kill, that intake is the trick. The PLM intake also looks good but no secondary source for air.
🤮 Anything but PLM!

I agree that the Blitz / GruppeM intake looks great and I appreciate the secondary inlet. I do wonder about the airflow quality of the MAF sensor housing section but I have not yet seen any complaints on that.

Thanks to @TR3BLE for another great video!

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL1 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
It reminds me of the Trust/Greddy Airinx filters, its a frame that holds the filter element.

11th Gen Honda Civic Blitz / GruppeM Carbon Intake System 1708637087453

OP
OP

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
🤮 Anything but PLM!

I agree that the Blitz / GruppeM intake looks great and I appreciate the secondary inlet. I do wonder about the airflow quality of the MAF sensor housing section but I have not yet seen any complaints on that.

Thanks to @TR3BLE for another great video!
Once the Spoon turbo goes in, I’ll ask my tuner if it’s all good 😉

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
Is the scoop in the front much wider than the stock? Where is the side air induction tube drawing air from?

OP
OP

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
Is the scoop in the front much wider than the stock? Where is the side air induction tube drawing air from?
The scoop is quite a bit bigger. You’ll know the size difference if you put your fingers throgh the grille above the Type R emblem.

The Side tube draws air from the fender area.

VtecTurbo

First Name
VTEC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Once the Spoon turbo goes in, I’ll ask my tuner if it’s all good 😉
Well, if you already paid for that "shit" badge, just let it go. (Sorry for my language, i just hate spoon)

But that is basically the same thing as MHI upgrade one with higher price paying for the badge.(But get the lower price one from your region.)

With that price i suggest you can go for RV6-660 , in my opinion ONLY that just the best choice for the K20C1 for a Bolt-on turbo... better materials, lower back pressure, and higher power. Everything beats the competitors' when you not tracing spool up response since it is a relatively big turbo.

For intake, the OEM is well up to 500hp, changing intake is simply paying for looks. i PERSONALLY would rather go for Eventuri, but that burns more money.

Last edited:
OP
OP

TR3BLE

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R (FL5)
Well, if you already paid for that "shit" badge, just let it go.

But that is basically the same thing as MHI upgrade one with lower price.

With that price you can go for RV6 660 , in my opinion that just the best choice for the K20C1 for a Bolt-on turbo... better materials, low back pressure, and higher power. Everything beats the competitors'.

For intake, the OEM is well up to 500hp, changing intake is simply paying for looks. i would rather go for Eventuri, but that burns more money.
Let’s not be hostile yeah?

I know its the same MHI turbo and it was for me cheaper than most options when landed.

So going by how inferior the 💩 turbo is, Spoon let alone J’s Racing must be complete morons that don’t know what they’re doing.

MHI is Japanese and OEM. Again I’m not out there pushing for numbers in my car and I’d rather strike a good balance of reliability with a proven maker.

Eventuri? Been there done that with the FK8 and wanted a change this time with the FL5.
Eventuri was miles ahead in design with its secondary inlet but this time was a bit disappointing with the FL5 variant.
Sponsored