• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Probably part of why I like it! :)
Same. Just not sure about the screws showing. I thought it was more concealed in the DE5 . Looked like it had covers for those slots but I couls be wrong.
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
What makes the Borla worth almost twice as much as the AWE Touring I bought?
The Borla sounds a little better. Probably not 2x better though. The AWE sounds very good.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I wanted to bump this thread since this exhaust is now available. You can find more details on the product pages linked below.

Sound Comparison video (same as Post #1)
Borla Exhaust for 2023+ Honda Civic Type R (youtube.com)

ATAK Cat-Backs
(Bright Chrome Tips, Part # 140927)

https://www.borla.com/products/honda-civic-type-r-cat-back-exhaust-system-140927

(Ceramic Black Tips, Part # 140927CB)

https://www.borla.com/products/honda-civic-type-r-cat-back-exhaust-system-140927cb

(Carbon Fiber Tips, Part # 140927CFBA)

https://www.borla.com/products/honda-civic-type-r-cat-back-exhaust-system-140927cfba

realtorhoff

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the market for FL5 or Integra Type-S
Can anyone get me a wholesale one? I’m willing to be the guinea pig for the right price lol.

Fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R (Championship White)
I’ve been waiting for this Borla for a while, and now that it’s been out a few weeks, I figured there would be some performance data on it; however, I’m striking out. Anyone have some numbers on it?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I’ve been waiting for this Borla for a while, and now that it’s been out a few weeks, I figured there would be some performance data on it; however, I’m striking out. Anyone have some numbers on it?
Performance data as in hp and tq or something else?

Fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Performance data as in hp and tq or something else?
Yes, correct, and maybe I missed it.

And yes, I get it… they’re all the same and need tuned for max gains… I just don’t have the time to do it with my day job, haha!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Yes, correct, and maybe I missed it.

And yes, I get it… they’re all the same and need tuned for max gains… I just don’t have the time to do it with my day job, haha!
I thought that's what you meant but wanted to confirm. There's no material performance gain from a catback exhaust on this platform. You'll get what all the others yield ~10hp. What you're getting more than anything is a different tone and volume over stock. If power is what you're after, your highest and best use is Hondata, downpipe, an intake system like Eventuri, GruppeM, Blitz or a combination thereof.

Fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought that's what you meant but wanted to confirm. There's no material performance gain from a catback exhaust on this platform. You'll get what all the others yield ~10hp. What you're getting more than anything is a different tone and volume over stock. If power is what you're after, your highest and best use is Hondata, downpipe, an intake system like Eventuri, GruppeM, Blitz or a combination thereof.
Understood. I’ve been out of the forum game hibernating (alongside the car) for several months.

My ECU is jailbroke by Hondata, so may follow Jesters tune…

I wasn’t aware the stock downpipe was that bad assuming the remaining exhaust back could be kept.

The Blitz is a lot of money… wasn’t expecting that high of a CTR tax.

Frankly, after Mid-Ohio last year, I think I just want this thing to run cooler but I don’t think I want the PRL setup and trying to look at alternatives.

I need to change to my braided brake lines and flush with Dot4. They’re sitting beside me now… ha!

Nevertheless, I’ll likely go with some type of titanium exhaust, but I’m only going to do that when I do the entire air system itself. I guess I’ll get there someday… I just need a red easy button.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Understood. I’ve been out of the forum game hibernating (alongside the car) for several months.

My ECU is jailbroke by Hondata, so may follow Jesters tune…

I wasn’t aware the stock downpipe was that bad assuming the remaining exhaust back could be kept.

The Blitz is a lot of money… wasn’t expecting that high of a CTR tax.

Frankly, after Mid-Ohio last year, I think I just want this thing to run cooler but I don’t think I want the PRL setup and trying to look at alternatives.

I need to change to my braided brake lines and flush with Dot4. They’re sitting beside me now… ha!

Nevertheless, I’ll likely go with some type of titanium exhaust, but I’m only going to do that when I do the entire air system itself. I guess I’ll get there someday… I just need a red easy button.
Best bang for buck is a tune, downpipe from your favorite manufacturer and a drop in filter.

Intercooler if you like consistent power.

This will get you about 85-90% of the power limit of the stock turbo.

I wish I knew more Type R owners in Orlando. I would have loved to test a car I’m working on before I modded it for a customer. It felt so strong with just the tune and a intercooler.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Best bang for buck is a tune, downpipe from your favorite manufacturer and a drop in filter.

Intercooler if you like consistent power.

This will get you about 85-90% of the power limit of the stock turbo.

I wish I knew more Type R owners in Orlando. I would have loved to test a car I’m working on before I modded it for a customer. It felt so strong with just the tune and a intercooler.
Can you share the data and conclusions you were able to draw from your testing of the Eventuri intake on @PointByPatrol 's car? I recall you mentioned it was moving a lot of air. What does that mean exactly for performance, consistency, and IATs? How did it perform relative to the stock panel filter? Also, why a drop in panel filter and not one of the intake systems (Eventuri, PRL HVI, Blitz, GruppeM) on the market?
Sponsored