• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Just had the chance to look at an ITS up close and, for my sensibilities, its a bit of an assault on the eyes. My eyes had no clue what to focus on. It was white so it could have been the contrast between the white and black. The car is overall quite edgy and angular with rounded fenders that don't quite blend in. The FK8 had a similar edgy, angular design and its fenders were sharper so they didnt look like an after thought.
It's definitely not as sleek as the Type R for sure, but the looks I don't mind. Plus, it does 80-90% of the driving dynamics. I think what's putting most people off is the price, and rightfully so. I think if package better (more premium features) it would be a better deal. But Acura is trying to sell us all on driving dynamics and for that, it's got it seemingly in spades.
Sponsored

RazgrizOne

First Name
J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
What time were we thinking?

Also top of the parking Garage?

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
I’ve been to the dealer twice to look at the ITS, in white and black, and definitely don’t love its looks. The interior lacked the special “fuzz” for sure and I barely even wanted to get in it to check it out. If it was the same msrp as the FL5 maybe I’d like it more, but at substantial more money for a less-special-feeling car, it’s a tough sell despite the comfier ride, better audio system, and funner exhaust.
Same here I've seen it both in white and black and I think the FL5 looks better in person. The rear fender flare looks pretty bad and reminds me of the FK8 which isn't a good looking car.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
We were talking about the possibility of doing test drives at those dealerships at the meet up yesterday, but came to the conclusion there's no chance they'd let any of us try it. We'd need at least a large security deposit and even then likely not.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
I have a feeling they will raise MSRP for 2024 model significantly in Canada. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm guessing 3k to 5k!?
Sponsored