• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I got update from my Dealer, they told me Feb 24 now when my was supposed to arrive now🤬 I feel that they just gave me bs to stop asking when I will get my car, I am so fed of the mess with this car in our country.
i think your gut feeling is right, doesn't add up, if dealerships only get notified when cars are scanned at the port in BC, there is no way they can know what happens in Japan. I think they are just saying that, or may be someone is guessing based on some corporate reports or monthly status updates
Sponsored

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Beautiful! Contrary to popular belief, white isn't white. Side-by-side you can really see how different these two colors are. Thanks for sharing.
My wife's Pilot is Platinum White Pearl, so I get a chance to admire the difference regularly--we've concluded Championship White is "vanilla bean ice cream" where Platinum White is "snow cone".

Both really great colors--the DE5 has great color options, providing the flake is dispersed evenly and the panel colors match. Don't assume they all do!

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
I think your the first person to hear any news on MY24, Im gonna pray mine comes at this time too
Around that time sounds about right. My dealer is literally giving me a 5 month eye ball on when the car MIGHT show up (Nov - Mar) if no other delays occur. They've only received 2 cars so far. One in Nov of 2022 and one in Apr-ish of 2023.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Around that time sounds about right. My dealer is literally giving me a 5 month eye ball on when the car MIGHT show up (Nov - Mar) if no other delays occur. They've only received 2 cars so far. One in Nov of 2022 and one in Apr-ish of 2023.
At this point of the year, I’d rather have mine come March - April 2024 unfortunately.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
At this point I'll take the damn car at any point lol. Although watching it sit in the garage for a few months would be absolute torture 😅

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s
One of my buddies who is also waiting for a civic type R here in Quebec was told by a dealer today that production has completely stopped for Canadian units??? And there’s no ETA for how many we will get in 2024. Did any of you guys hear anything like this? The last update I had from my dealer which was last week was between January and march my car should arrive

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
One of my buddies who is also waiting for a civic type R here in Quebec was told by a dealer today that production has completely stopped for Canadian units??? And there’s no ETA for how many we will get in 2024. Did any of you guys hear anything like this? The last update I had from my dealer which was last week was between January and march my car should arrive
They are probably referring to the 2023 model year. 2024 should start soon.

The CTR Finder just stopped counting at 2800 for the US. Seems like an odd number almost like it was the total planned for this year to start with. This is about what a lot of us expected in terms of overall volume for 2023.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2

The CTR Finder just stopped counting at 2800 for the US. Seems like an odd number almost like it was the total planned for this year to start with. This is about what a lot of us expected in terms of overall volume for 2023.

Yup, I agree. @AspecR mentioned that November was the date we're looking at for MY2024.

As for ETA for the next batch of cars, I'd expect November/December for us in Canada, based on how many people got last year. Then late winter/early spring for the next batch (February/March). To put a positive spin on it, maybe they're going to allocate more cars based on demand. One can dream right?? :)

My dealer got 2 this year, one in February and the other in June. Not necessarily expecting the delivery times to be the same, but I'm sticking with that personally for MY2024. I should be one of them 🤞

Anthonyfa18

First Name
Anthony Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda’s

Dose anyone know the exact numbers of fl5 that came into Canada. And my buddy has a deposit on the car from July 2022

Last edited:

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
I could've sworn someone posted est numbers to date somewhere, could've been Aspec. Edit: See above LMAO

I dont think people that placed their deposit prior to Nov last year had any sort of advantage, orders should've technically all gone in the date preorders went live. So it would've been up to the dealership to enter them in the sequence they received them.