• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I don't bother. He/She can sit on it till it starts to lose appeal and can't sell to dealerships over asking. There's a bunch on Autotrader sitting at 70K but no one in their right mind is going to pay that. I've noticed they've been slowly coming in down in price but they need to sit longer. The longer it sits, the more it hurts them overall. Fuck'em lol.
Sponsored

Spartacus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Acura Legend GS 6 Speed
I don't bother. He/She can sit on it till it starts to lose appeal and can't sell to dealerships over asking. There's a bunch on Autotrader sitting at 70K but no one in their right mind is going to pay that. I've noticed they've been slowly coming in down in price but they need to sit longer. The longer it sits, the more it hurts them overall. Fuck'em lol.
Exactly ✊🏽😎🙏🏼

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
i keep laughing at the boost blue one, still posted for 89k ...1 year laaayyytaer... just the hassle to get the BB across the border is a PITA.... same with a few dealerships around me in the 70s... let em sit... they flipped way too early most of us that want the R, want it new ... those that are looking for used are looking at fk8s and even those are still too high in the 40s... even that demographic are waiting for fk8s to go back down to 30s

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
FK8s have held amazingly well I recall looking at a 2018 RR years ago for $37k and change and it doesnt seem they have dropped at all from that. Incredible depreciation curve these cars have, wonder how well DE5 will hold up in comparison.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
FK8s have held amazingly well I recall looking at a 2018 RR years ago for $37k and change and it doesnt seem they have dropped at all from that. Incredible depreciation curve these cars have, wonder how well DE5 will hold up in comparison.
Good question, likely to be the same if not better considering the lower volume vs the FK8.

shanki0223

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R / 2021 Toyota Supra
Used FK8 price has come down $3-5k already in the market. Economy is bad now with inflation and high interest rate. Most people are not going to bother with those offers atm.

Spartacus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Acura Legend GS 6 Speed
Great to see this guy not getting his flipping price. With taxes this car was about 62k out the door. This guy like others bought this car to flip and gauge the Honda enthusiast community. Started at 75k now he’s down to 69k We are all enjoying watching these cars sit 👏🏼

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want IMG_0895

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Any news for those of us still waiting? Was at my dealer this weekend and they mentioned they have heard NOTHING at all. So frustrating especially being next in line for my car.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Any news for those of us still waiting? Was at my dealer this weekend and they mentioned they have heard NOTHING at all. So frustrating especially being next in line for my car.
I hear you man. Nothing on either the Type R or Type S side actually.

I was expecting late winter/early spring for both but nada.

Terkoiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (CVT)
Someone posed the question in the Type R subreddit - only to get a lone answer that there was nothing until 2025 for most dealerships.

Not sure if that’s actually the case, but I too was expecting to see some others take delivery this spring. However, it doesn’t seem like there’s been anything here new in Canada since that round this past fall. For what it’s worth, it’s only March—still some time left in the season to see if deliveries resume here.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
From experience, dealers seem to find out last minute. Pretty much when car is finished production is ready to be loaded on a ship for transport. And then you will get the car within 2 to 3 weeks.

I wouldn’t jump to conclusion, my bet there will be a shipment before summer. Hope some get it!!!

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Someone posed the question in the Type R subreddit - only to get a lone answer that there was nothing until 2025 for most dealerships.

Not sure if that’s actually the case, but I too was expecting to see some others take delivery this spring. However, it doesn’t seem like there’s been anything here new in Canada since that round this past fall. For what it’s worth, it’s only March—still some time left in the season to see if deliveries resume here.
Thats just brutal hopefully not the case. Might just hold out if thats the case, especially if there is a small refresh for the 2025. ITS pricing for 2025s should be out soon according to my dealer.

Really sucks seeing so many FL5s sitting south of the border and nothing here, wtf Honda.
Sponsored