• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Yeah I thought the same thing. But who know how these things are being worked out now. Especially see was @RoidRage is dealing with.
What pisses me off even more is midland Honda had someone BACKOUT of their first allocation. They didn't fucking call me and they posted it on AUTOTRADER!!! AND SOLD IT TO SOME SMUCK who didn't like up or anything.
Sponsored

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Hey think of it this way, the new Z boys had their car launch in Feb and none have been delivered in Canada yet (that I know of). At least Honda had some cars ready at the port to ship out as soon as they announced they were going on sale.
So moral of the story is JDM car buying is shit, got it.

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
Yeah I thought the same thing. But who know how these things are being worked out now. Especially see was @RoidRage is dealing with.
Very true, seems some dealers are a little sketchier then others.

TBH I'm quite glad I'm not getting a car right now. I just parked my GR86 under the cover in the garage until spring and I would have had to do the same for the Type R. I'm hopeful for next summer if i'm lucky though to have mine arrive then.

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
What pisses me off even more is midland Honda had someone BACKOUT of their first allocation. They didn't fucking call me and they posted it on AUTOTRADER!!! AND SOLD IT TO SOME SMUCK who didn't like up or anything.
Really!? AutoTrader, their list only have 1 person? And no one to callā€¦ā€¦

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Friend of mine ordered a golf R about a month ago and was told a year and a half. I think moral of the story is, "post" COVID car buying is shit!
Ordering a car and getting a time frame is different from getting fucked by not knowing anything even when the car IS AT THE DEALERSHIP.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Really!? AutoTrader, their list only have 1 person? And no one to callā€¦ā€¦
Bro I was like wtf!! I saw the posting on AT called immediately and was like wtf IM ON YOUR FUCKING CALL LIST!!!

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Friend of mine ordered a golf R about a month ago and was told a year and a half. I think moral of the story is, "post" COVID car buying is shit!
I see cars are getting back to normal, dealers are having more stock sitting around.

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Ordering a car and getting a time frame is different from getting fucked by not knowing anything even when the car IS AT THE DEALERSHIP.
My sales guy told me they had stopped taking orders. When I asked whether they knew how many units they were getting and where do I sit, he said he didnā€™t know. But Iā€™m on their list. šŸ˜–

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5-17224, ITR 01-1189, Elise, E61, 190E 2.3-16
Funny enough, this is kinda like how I got my FK8. Someone backed out and I happened to call the dealer at the right time.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
2nd update for the day, "Car on the lot has been marked as sold, we just don't know to who. We should find out soon"...

Wtf does that even mean? Does anyone speak retarded dealership speak? How do you sell a car and not know who it is sold to. Am I just being emotional here or this is seriously fucked up?

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Pretty messed up cant believe how many stories floating around of dealer incompetence
Sponsored