• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
I really dont think that the GRC was even in the race when it comes to comparison with the FL5. Its a class of one.

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
probably still has the transport blocks in the suspension
I don’t think so the car has been PDIed. That’s the stance they have.

edit: I retract my statement. The reviews I’m watching the wheel gap is almost gone. So you are probably correct. Weird they would put it on the showroom floor like that though.

Last edited:

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
I don’t think so the car has been PDIed. That’s the stance they have.

edit: I retract my statement. The reviews I’m watching the wheel gap is almost gone. So you are probably correct. Weird they would put it on the showroom floor like that though.
it's been happening a lot so it makes sense

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Most of the FL5 reviews are out now. Something to watch while waiting for further updates! 😀

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
LoL so FK8 > FL5 on a roll race according to throttle house. This changes things a bit.

And the grind in FL5 still exists?!?!?

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
LoL so FK8 > FL5 on a roll race according to throttle house. This changes things a bit.

And the grind in FL5 still exists?!?!?
I did find that strange as well... though it does walk it from dig so 🤔

That said, it doesn't change things for me. If I want straight line speed, I wouldn't be looking at the Type R.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I did find that strange as well... though it does walk it from dig so 🤔

That said, it doesn't change things for me. If I want straight line speed, I wouldn't be looking at the Type R.
Dig was tires I believe. I don't care too much about straight line, but I expected improvements due to the turbo upgrade and reported WHP etc.

The real question for me is what would the GRC do with better tires on the same day. Too bad they couldn't get one also. I'm VERY shocked the Golf R did SOOO much better, was pretty much equal to Fk8?!? If it was a DSG R does that mean it would beat the FK8? man shit don't make sense right now to me lol.

Last edited:

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Dig was tires I believe. I don't care too much about straight line, but I expected improvements due to the turbo upgrade and reported WHP etc.

The real question for me is what would the GRC do with better tires on the same day. Too bad they couldn't get one also. I'm VERY shocked the Golf R did SOOO much better, was pretty much equal to Fk8?!? If it was a DSG R does that mean it would beat the FK8? man shit don't make sense right now to me lol.
The DSG would destroy the Type R, both the FK8 and FL5 from a dig. Roll race, I think it might pull away but it would be much closer. Races have shown the FK8 top end is very strong. Maybe a little less for the FL5. Nothing Hondata can't sort out I'm sure.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
The DSG would destroy the Type R, both the FK8 and FL5 from a dig. Roll race, I think it might pull away but it would be much closer. Races have shown the FK8 top end is very strong. Maybe a little less for the FL5. Nothing Hondata can't sort out I'm sure.
Oh I was referring on track. I don't even compare DSG r to anything manual. No point it would destroy any 4cyl (outside of a CLA 45s) in a straight line. Early MK8 golf R tunes are showing crazy numbers also.

Use20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R

Yeah FK8 > FL5 lol
That explained why the Japanese review didn't disclose fk8 time even though they're head to head. They wanna save face for Honda.
And DSG golf R is much faster than manual
Sponsored