• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
for those of you that were able to get a BoS, did it include a VIN ?...

my dealer said I can't write you up a BoS because there is no VIN assigned to the car as it's not yet produced or scheduled for delivery... we are talking about 2023 and 2024 cars not the ones that already landed in the last month

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86

my dealer said I can't write you up a BoS because there is no VIN assigned to the car as it's not yet produced or scheduled for delivery... we are talking about 2023 and 2024 cars not the ones that already landed in the last month
No Vin, and the BOS technically says for a 2023 model, but then in the notes says please note this is for a 2024 Type R. Then it says delivery subject to dealer allotment received

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
No Vin, and the BOS technically says for a 2023 model, but then in the notes says please note this is for a 2024 Type R. Then it says delivery subject to dealer allotment received
I see thanks for sharing, I guess if I nagged my dealer hard enough they could write me up something similar...

Was just asking because curious to see how firm that BoS, if a dealer decided to fill in the VIN later and says well this specific car comes with these additional options from factory and therefore could change the price that was initially on the BoS

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86
I see thanks for sharing, I guess if I nagged my dealer hard enough they could write me up something similar...

Was just asking because curious to see how firm that BoS, if a dealer decided to fill in the VIN later and says well this specific car comes with these additional options from factory and therefore could change the price that was initially on the BoS
I'm guessing it's official if it's convenient to the dealer and unofficial if it's convenient to the dealer.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added stuff and said that's what it is take it or leave it. Hoping they don't and if they do it's at least add ons I want

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?

Mine is basically "temporary" BOS. They won't even give me a copy. Basically has place holder $ values I've agreed to but I don't think they want to make it official until we get closer and we sort out car trade in values and add-ons. In its current form, it probably makes them look bad.

I'm guessing it's official if it's convenient to the dealer and unofficial if it's convenient to the dealer.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added stuff and said that's what it is take it or leave it. Hoping they don't and if they do it's at least add ons I want
Exactly what I'm thinking too. My guess is they can always turn things around in their favor...more in their favor that is.

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 ITS
So i saw 2 cars over the weekend. There was a champ white ctr in Markham over the weekend at union ville main st and 7, at the auto shop/used car dealer, Weilai automotive. also saw the sgp at formula Honda. The champ white had no plates and the tint was too dark to see inside, it was evening already lol. The car looks great. Wondering if they really have one or it’s there for some marketing purpose. The formula Honda one is nice. Parked beside an fk8 and really shows the differences. The sgp is 1027 lol.
As everyone else mentioned, formula Honda has no clue what’s happening with the cars. The reps are all saying different shit. The rep that brought me just told me he has no clue what this is, whether a showroom, a clients allocation, or whatever it may be. He said all he knows is that Honda made him refund 3 clients deposits 3 months ago lol and said it’s probably it wast entered into stripe.
Anyways I’m over this car and if I get it, great. If I don’t, gonna just pay more lump sums into my mortgage lol.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Machmotorsport just posted a YT video picking their CW FL5 up from Brantford Honda (Brantford, ON). Interestingly they mention putting a deposit down in Jan way before the "stripe" and "honda canada" deposit debauchery, and somehow his went through lol.

Randomguy7890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, R32 GTR
Machmotorsport just posted a YT video picking their CW FL5 up from Brantford Honda (Brantford, ON). Interestingly they mention putting a deposit down in Jan way before the "stripe" and "honda canada" deposit debauchery, and somehow his went through lol.
Honestly, I don't think a deposit means anything any more... Once the car comes and you have a deposit, they will call you but on their terms. If they want to mark it up to 70-80k, then it's either take it or leave it. If a dealership does sell you the car at MSRP, you should 100% treat them to a beer or coffee.
I've cold called quite a few different dealerships (straight to the sales manager), and I've had multiple opportunities to purchase the car without a deposit at all but the cheapest one I've found was 70k plus tax. It shocked me how so many dealerships were willing to ignore the people with the deposits first.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
This one is from Surrey Honda I believe? Wasted no time.

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want 98B1F564-7A20-404A-BD5E-73EAB51CD62B

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Jeeeebus, quick search shows that to be an $8k+USD upgrade that this car doesn't immediately need lol. Track only car maybe?
Suspension would've been a better investment. Guess he's got cash to burn.
Enough stopping power to flip the back end over the front lol.