• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
My best guess is their price includes some kind of option. It could easily be the leather shiftknob and alcantara wheel options, because the Honda Newmarket front page still shows:

1687650759786.png
Oh true, I hadnt considered that, but that would make total sense! Glad they havent hiked the price, but fearful of a '24 hike in that case LOL.

That GR86 performance pack has me trying to figure out how to make that car work in my life LMAO, the dampers and brembos are going to be incredible.

I need an additional garage.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
I hope so, I know I am personally leaning towards ITS.
CTR is an amazing car, but it would be my only car and with wife and a kid, want something more toned down (interior)and softer ride..
ITSs alre already arriving at Canadian dealers too..
I hope its not a long wait for both R and S deposit holders.
I might be in a bit of a conundrum this Winter (albeit, a good problem to have): My Integra Type S allocation is slated to be available by then, and I doubt Iā€™ll know more about my 2025 Type R allocation at that time.

For now I donā€™t mind the racier edge of the Type R since itā€™ll be my weekend toy, but eventually the Type R or Type S could be my daily or only car. Seems like the Type S would excel as a daily for sure, but feel less special.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I might be in a bit of a conundrum this Winter (albeit, a good problem to have): My Integra Type S allocation is slated to be available by then, and I doubt Iā€™ll know more about my 2025 Type R allocation at that time.

For now I donā€™t mind the racier edge of the Type R since itā€™ll be my weekend toy, but eventually the Type R or Type S could be my daily or only car. Seems like the Type S would excel as a daily for sure, but feel less special.
Same here dude.

I'm going to take whichever one comes first. If it's the Type S cool, but I'll keep my deposit in for the Type R and if it becomes available, I'll make decision to keep or swap. If it's the Type R (which I highly doubt at this point) I'll take my deposit back for the ITS.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Make that 3. I could of had the ITS this month but decided to delay that ITS decision til the next batch (MY25) and buy me some more time for CTR. Really stuck on the fence after seeing the ITS this weekend it is a good looking car and ticks almost every box for me.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
Same here dude.

I'm going to take whichever one comes first. If it's the Type S cool, but I'll keep my deposit in for the Type R and if it becomes available, I'll make decision to keep or swap. If it's the Type R (which I highly doubt at this point) I'll take my deposit back for the ITS.
I think thatā€™s a solid plan. If the Type R becomes available to you later, the Type S should still be worth enough to not be in the negative too much (or at all, hopefully) through trade-in or private sale.

Iā€™d still expect to lose money, but will see how much I want the FL5 if presented with that choice after Iā€™m already spoiled by the ELS audio system, heated seats and wheel, and funner exhaust.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Make that 3. I could of had the ITS this month but decided to delay that ITS decision til the next batch (MY25) and buy me some more time for CTR. Really stuck on the fence after seeing the ITS this weekend it is a good looking car and ticks almost every box for me.
Agreed. Seeing it in person was interesting. I would like to see it in a few other colours. I liked the white, but one I saw in Pickering, the colour of the panels were off. Maybe it was dirty, but I think a darker colour might work better. Really interested in see Blue in person.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Agreed. Seeing it in person was interesting. I would like to see it in a few other colours. I liked the white, but one I saw in Pickering, the colour of the panels were off. Maybe it was dirty, but I think a darker colour might work better. Really interested in see Blue in person.
Wasnt a fan of the panels either on the white. Black looks good and well moulded but I will never own a black car again. I have an order in for Apex blue which I think is the best colour IMO. Like another poster said it may be hard to give up the ITS after the exhaust, heated seats/wheel, ELS etc. At this point it comes down to the rarity and seats + gauge cluster of the CTR. Another big one is suspension tuning of the CTR, not sure how compliant it is on our garbage GTA roads.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
I too think Apex Blue would be really nice. I probably should have been more patient but after almost two years waiting for CTR since deposit, I'm done waiting.

At least we don't have Montreal roads. Last time I drove there I'm pretty sure my car and I both aged a few years! Maybe it's a bit better now.

I'm really hoping we can just reflash the cluster and media computer with CTR software. I'm sure in time someone will figure it out. It just won't be great if you want to keep the car original for future value. I care more about enjoyment, so will mod as long as I'm putting in quality parts/software.

Wasnt a fan of the panels either on the white. Black looks good and well moulded but I will never own a black car again. I have an order in for Apex blue which I think is the best colour IMO. Like another poster said it may be hard to give up the ITS after the exhaust, heated seats/wheel, ELS etc. At this point it comes down to the rarity and seats + gauge cluster of the CTR. Another big one is suspension tuning of the CTR, not sure how compliant it is on our garbage GTA roads.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I'm really hoping we can just reflash the cluster and media computer with CTR software. I'm sure in time someone will figure it out. It just won't be great if you want to keep the car original for future value. I care more about enjoyment, so will mod as long as I'm putting in quality parts/software.
If we could replace the Sport + with R mode, that would be dope. Just drop the artificial engine sounds and keep everything else.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
I think the suspension won't be too great on GTA roads, especially in Toronto. But I also think that is part of the experience of owning this vehicle.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
I havent heard of many people complaining about the suspension in comfort, just that R+ is practically a joke. So I mean people could just run in comfort or sport and pick their poison on the road.

@Sazabi You in for a an FL5 in RR? lol

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Hi friends me again.

Quick update I got my ITS today and drove it home.

Let me know if yall have any questions.

Oh and 1 thing FL5/ITS whatever u get, this car is fucking amazing!!! This is coming from a current BMW G87 M2 owner.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Hi friends me again.

Quick update I got my ITS today and drove it home.

Let me know if yall have any questions.

Oh and 1 thing FL5/ITS whatever u get, this car is fucking amazing!!! This is coming from a current BMW G87 M2 owner.
Congrats man! What colour did you get? Please follow up with a experience review when you get a chance!

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Congrats man! What colour did you get? Please follow up with a experience review when you get a chance!
In terms of colour, only black and white are available for the MY24. MY25+ will offer the full spectrum.

I got white, and one thing I did NOT expect was the sheer depth and sparkle the Acura white has. Under direct sunlight it looked like a disco ball. It was THAT Shiney, no even joking here. The paint they used was leagues better than anything I've seen on a Honda (I have a 23 CRV hybrid in urban grey as baby mover).

Ok let's get to the meats a potatoes. What does the M2 do better than the ITS:

- Outright speed sensation
- Highway / high speed driving
- interior, speakers, HUD/displays, comfort and etc
- Engine
- Seats
- NVH, insulation, engine noises and exhaust noises

Ok now what does the ITS do better.

- tranny, shifter, clutch
- sense of stability and ability to maneuver
- handling and weight feel
- FUN!!! I had a stupid grin ear to ear driving it slower
- Feel, it just felt like it wanted more of what I was giving it
- low end feel (sub 3.5k RPM)
- although the M2 sounds better, the ITS stock exhaust with its pop and bangs REALLY surprised me, it's great for a stock honda product lol

Sidenotes
- ELS is good, but it's not great HK in BMW is still 1 tier above
- road noise on the 407 highway was substantially louder and harsher in ITS vs M2.
- If you gave me another 40-50 WHP more in the ITS and a bit more camber + thicker rear sway bar, I'm inclined to say the ITS > M2 (in stock form).

With all that said, I will be parting ways with the ITS, as I have a buyer willing to take it off me at a decent premium.

HOWEVER!!!!, AFTER driving it and owning it for 2.5 days, I'm putting $$ in to get an MY25 car. I'm 100% owning this thing for life. I also want carbon vs. White :).

NONE of you guys waiting for an FL5/ITS will be disappointed, Its really really fucking good. For additional context, my old done-up MK6 GTI (coilovers, swaybars, subframe, bushings, -3.0 camber etc) did not come close to how tight the ITS felt.

As a historically Euro car guy, I gotta say, I get it now lol. I see what the fuss is all about with will-tuned JDM cars. Although, the FL5/ITS is at the pinnacle of this spectrum, FWD wise.

If you like lightweight cars, that can handle and have great low end you WILL like this car. Full stop.
Sponsored

Last edited: