• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

fchanovski

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
The VB looks pretty good with all the cladding body coloured, but that ugly rear end cant be fixed without a body kit, and honestly if it requires that much more money and effort, probably not worth it.
I like rears, and that's one of the many things I like about the CTR.

Can't shy away looking at a nice ass ;)
Sponsored

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5-17224, ITR 01-1189, Elise, E61, 190E 2.3-16
I went car shopping the past week, went to Subaru for the WRX and as much as I wanted to own a WRX back in the day, the test drive reminded me why I put a deposit down for the CTR.

Sometimes all it takes is a little reminder that what we're waiting for is worth waiting.
Did you notice the cold idle? It’s ridiculously loud for the first 2-3 mins. My friend just got a Sport and whenever he fires the car up in the AM, he wakes up his wife since their bedroom is directly over the garage. Whoever thought that was a good idea to implement should be fired.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
I just rewatched the Throttle House review for the new WRX and it reminded me again I definitly do not want to settle for the WRX. I would rather settle for EN.

Seems like an alright car, but I would say it more competes with GTI and Si, nothing close to CTR. And it does use Crossover chassis.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Funny as I spoke with a few dealers and they didn’t let me test a new 22/23 Wrx. Further explaining that it is Subaru policy to not let test drives lol
Before I decided I wanted a new R, one of the cars I was interested in was the Audi S3. Saw a used one at a dealership with 60,000 kms on it. Went in and requested a test drive and was denied. Dealership said people just buy these without test driving.

What? A used Audi with 60,000 kms? Keep your "ferrari" pal

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
I just rewatched the Throttle House review for the new WRX and it reminded me again I definitly do not want to settle for the WRX. I would rather settle for EN.

Seems like an alright car, but I would say it more competes with GTI and Si, nothing close to CTR. And it does use Crossover chassis.
It's crazy how boring the WRX was to daily, there was never any sensation of speed, numb steering, dull shifter, I mean it was fun in the snow that's about it.
Before I decided I wanted a new R, one of the cars I was interested in was the Audi S3. Saw a used one at a dealership with 60,000 kms on it. Went in and requested a test drive and was denied. Dealership said people just buy these without test driving.

What? A used Audi with 60,000 kms? Keep your "ferrari" pal
If the Audi S3 was still available in a manual sportback I might have been sold on that.
It's crazy how many dealerships are unwilling, or perhaps just unable, to accommodate test drives, I'm guessing the majority just won't allow test drives on niche vehicles eg; BRZ, EN, WRX, CTR, or maybe they just don't have enough demo cars to go around. Honestly more brands should just retire their press cars to select dealerships so that the general public can at least test drive prior to purchase.

It's also interesting how many GR Corolla's are available on autotrader at a "reasonable" price, many are Core models but doesn't seem like they're that hard to get.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Ill never forget test driving the then new 2015 WRX and wondering what was wrong with the shifter. Car had 50km on it. Nothing was wrong with the shifter it was just that bad lol. Best part is I had to "sign" for MSRP just to test drive it. These games have been going on a while with Subaru.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
GRC MSRP is so high already for what you get it's insane. The interior is literally base Corolla, that'd be a tough pill to swallow at 60k lol. I think they didn't make many cars at all tho, so the price does kind of make sense.
That's the only car I've seen in person here. Haven't seen CTR or ITS yet.

I think Toyota is a lot better at making sure their dealerships maintain MSRP.

fchanovski

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Did you notice the cold idle? It’s ridiculously loud for the first 2-3 mins. My friend just got a Sport and whenever he fires the car up in the AM, he wakes up his wife since their bedroom is directly over the garage. Whoever thought that was a good idea to implement should be fired.
Yes. It's notoriously loud and the VB is definitely louder than the VA.

It's crazy how boring the WRX was to daily, there was never any sensation of speed, numb steering, dull shifter, I mean it was fun in the snow that's about it.
Snow and ice was one of the bigger reasons why WRX appealed to me. AWD manual isn't easy to find anymore.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
Snow and ice was one of the bigger reasons why WRX appealed to me. AWD manual isn't easy to find anymore.
Absolutely, they're also cheap as hell for AWD manual!

Also one of the biggest issues i have with the new ones is that damn ipad, mostly because its huge AF, but also why did they mount it in Portrait?! lmao, but mostly cause its YUGE and an eyesore.

N4nn3r

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 ITS

If the Audi S3 was still available in a manual sportback I might have been sold on that.
It's crazy how many dealerships are unwilling, or perhaps just unable, to accommodate test drives, I'm guessing the majority just won't allow test drives on niche vehicles eg; BRZ, EN, WRX, CTR, or maybe they just don't have enough demo cars to go around. Honestly more brands should just retire their press cars to select dealerships so that the general public can at least test drive prior to purchase.

It's also interesting how many GR Corolla's are available on autotrader at a "reasonable" price, many are Core models but doesn't seem like they're that hard to get.
There’s been a lot and the better thing and wish we had for the ctr, is a dude providing vins and inventory info for different dealerships across Canada. It’s kinda cool tbh.

KidIcarus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FXT
There’s been a lot and the better thing and wish we had for the ctr, is a dude providing vins and inventory info for different dealerships across Canada. It’s kinda cool tbh.
Oh wow thats interesting, so Toyota is actually providing VINs to their GR Corolla buyers? Must be nice ☹

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
UPDATE: Just received a message from the GM I’m listed in saying my FL5 is set to come October - November if no setbacks or delays which is in line with @Shichi ’s. Pricing is TBD still unfortunately.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Oh wow thats interesting, so Toyota is actually providing VINs to their GR Corolla buyers? Must be nice ☹
Looking at the GR Forums, they have 1-2 people there that are helping others out with vehicle allocations across the country, much like Aspec does or our counterparts in the states. Would be nice to know even though we're not getting the large numbers in either case.
Sponsored