• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
If we don't hear anything by the end of this month we're probably all gonna have to wait for a spring batch :\
While that's annoying, it's not the worst. I don't know if I want to be taking delivery in the in middle of winter with all the snow and salt we're bound to get here in Ontario. Just means I'll keep money saved and invested till the spring.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
dang if thats the case I would probably go either ITS or Golf R route..
this car truly is a unicorn in Canada.
Great options, but I would try to hold out like some of us. For me, even if I got my allocation for the Type S over the winter, I would pass on it just because I wouldn't want to do use it over the winter. Golf R I would and VW seem to be catching up on allocations, based on VW Vortex forum posts.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
someone from Mntrl got a call from their dealer telling they're getting a Type R... we are assuming the vessel that was in BC a few weeks ago had unloaded a few Type Rs for Canada .

DeSanke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time for new one
https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...-r-fl5-shipments-from-japan.52770/post-876680
small update from @roastduck ..
a big batch of CTR is coming to NA and it's stopping at Richmond on Dec 1st.
some of us might get the christmas present we've been waiting for.
I have not had a chance to talk to the dealership yet, although I got a missed call and voice mail about “exciting news”. Will share once know more.

Update: Received dealership confirmation that a MY24 has entered production and should be here soon (possibly end of December at earliest) or early ‘24!

Last edited:

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
I have not had a chance to talk to the dealership yet, although I got a missed call and voice mail about “exciting news”. Will share once know more.

Update: Received dealership confirmation that a MY24 has entered production and should be here soon (possibly end of December at earliest) or early ‘24!
Fantastic news!!

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
I just got a call from my dealership after texting my sales guy and apprently Honda didnt even give them a chance to put in an order for one..
and they are getting an Si in Feb next yr.
Acura also has no update on my ITS..
this is brutal lol

Blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
I thank this forum for helping with that decision
Sponsored