• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I have not had a chance to talk to the dealership yet, although I got a missed call and voice mail about “exciting news”. Will share once know more.

Update: Received dealership confirmation that a MY24 has entered production and should be here soon (possibly end of December at earliest) or early ‘24!
Am I understanding this right, your dealership got information/confirmation that a MY24 has entered production (is that general info or your specific car?)

I don't understand why information is so inconsistent someone was told their dealership is not getting a Type R instead of they are getting an Si, yours gave you confirmation which is fantastic news... and the rest of us majority are just radio silent with no further info
Sponsored

DeSanke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time for new one
Am I understanding this right, your dealership got information/confirmation that a MY24 has entered production (is that general info or your specific car?)

I don't understand why information is so inconsistent someone was told their dealership is not getting a Type R instead of they are getting an Si, yours gave you confirmation which is fantastic news... and the rest of us majority are just radio silent with no further info
Yes, the dealership confirmed that they were notified (apparently from Honda/Stripe deposit) that the CTR is officially entering production and since it is tied to the deposit, indeed intended as mine!

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Yes, the dealership confirmed that they were notified (apparently from Honda/Stripe deposit) that the CTR is officially entering production and since it is tied to the deposit, indeed intended as mine!
wow that's amazing news for you, this is the kinda pulling a real thread that most of us been wanting to hear

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3

i think that just sums up Honda communication lol.. I thought the dealerships were getting allocated w/e but apparently Honda has to allow them to request allocation?
anyways, happy for those soon to be owners !!

mbraun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Got an email from sales rep saying they're getting a Type R in Dec. Must have been some on that boat in Vancouver early Nov. I have a deposit at another dealer and one person ahead of me, only $800 tire wheel protection package, where this other dealer (bought another car from them before) wants about $3500 in extras; rust proofing, under coating, ceramic, tire wheel protection, floor mats and trunk mat. Tough to know what to do. maybe bite the bullet with the dec. one and keep my name with the first dealer for the 2nd one, selling first one if 2nd one ever comes in... thoughts?

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
Got an email from sales rep saying they're getting a Type R in Dec. Must have been some on that boat in Vancouver early Nov. I have a deposit at another dealer and one person ahead of me, only $800 tire wheel protection package, where this other dealer (bought another car from them before) wants about $3500 in extras; rust proofing, under coating, ceramic, tire wheel protection, floor mats and trunk mat. Tough to know what to do. maybe bite the bullet with the dec. one and keep my name with the first dealer for the 2nd one, selling first one if 2nd one ever comes in... thoughts?
I would try to work with them on the price, see if they can swap some of those services for upgrades (steering wheel, shift knob, CF Wing, etc.) If they're not going to move price or services, I think I would take it anyway. $3500 isn't a lot and considering how difficult they are to get, might as well pull the trigger. Congrats!

Last edited:

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
which province are you if you dont mind?
agree with one point six. try to nego with them and see if you can get diff options or even diff packages..
Congrats!

mbraun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I will see if I can trade out for window tint, ceramic paint protection, and some PPF on front parts and wear areas. Don’t want rust proofing and under coating . Not driving it winter.
Speaking of winter. I have a spot in my heated garage, probably goes to -10c in January. Can I leave the car on the tires, not touching it timings warm, or do I have to get them off, find some crap winter rims/tires (and what steel would have enough room for those brakes…) or jack stands. (But some talk about it being hard on suspension.

I’ve had Sumer cars before, but never this extreme of a tire. What are others doing??

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I will see if I can trade out for window tint, ceramic paint protection, and some PPF on front parts and wear areas. Don’t want rust proofing and under coating . Not driving it winter.
Speaking of winter. I have a spot in my heated garage, probably goes to -10c in January. Can I leave the car on the tires, not touching it timings warm, or do I have to get them off, find some crap winter rims/tires (and what steel would have enough room for those brakes…) or jack stands. (But some talk about it being hard on suspension.

I’ve had Sumer cars before, but never this extreme of a tire. What are others doing??
I don't plan to drive either ITS/CTR in the winter. Trickle charger, fuel top up, and max tire inflation or jack stands. I'm going to keep it in my garage so I'll be able to check on it regularly.

mbraun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
So looks like the dealer was more like, shopping the car around and a co worker had a guy who wanted financing, all the protection packages and extra parts and accessories. Looks like they’ll make a lot of $ on the car from
That guy. However financing often falls through. We will see. I’m still on a wait list with a deposit so hopefully that works out.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
So looks like the dealer was more like, shopping the car around and a co worker had a guy who wanted financing, all the protection packages and extra parts and accessories. Looks like they’ll make a lot of $ on the car from
That guy. However financing often falls through. We will see. I’m still on a wait list with a deposit so hopefully that works out.
this is why i hate dealerships.....

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
So you're not getting that car because you didn't want the packages they were putting on? Which dealership is doing this?

mbraun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
It seems like whatever salesperson could flush out of a customer, was who was getting the car. It's a really tiny dealership, who hadn't even expected to get an R, so thats a weird one. I did not have a deposit with them, had just expressed interest when I had facilitated them selling a civic to my mother-in-law. I have a deposit at a big dealership, and they're only received one so far, and were told 9, but now they (and I) are thinking that's not happening... only one person ahead of me and I was told (and we'll see) that there was only a mandatory (for all Hondas at their dealership) tire/rim protection package for $800 as only extra. Guess we'll see.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
It seems like whatever salesperson could flush out of a customer, was who was getting the car. It's a really tiny dealership, who hadn't even expected to get an R, so thats a weird one. I did not have a deposit with them, had just expressed interest when I had facilitated them selling a civic to my mother-in-law. I have a deposit at a big dealership, and they're only received one so far, and were told 9, but now they (and I) are thinking that's not happening... only one person ahead of me and I was told (and we'll see) that there was only a mandatory (for all Hondas at their dealership) tire/rim protection package for $800 as only extra. Guess we'll see.
what dealership if you don't mind me asking that's asking for all those extras and they're a small one... sometimes it scares me that the dealership i am working with is pulling something shady like that and I am not even aware of it.... although i had asked for accessories just not extras like wraps and stuff ...
Sponsored