• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Heck, one tire change… any suggestions? Do I purchase a socket that doesn’t damage my own rims and bring it to the dealership for tire change?

Kind of upset, I didn’t even use them for 2 months and already all tires have that. Each hole…

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread IMG_1049

s2kdriver80

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Heck, one tire change… any suggestions? Do I purchase a socket that doesn’t damage my own rims and bring it to the dealership for tire change?

Kind of upset, I didn’t even use them for 2 months and already all tires have that. Each hole…

IMG_1049.jpeg

That sucks. I usually give this to my shop to use whenever I need them to rotate the tires...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008XN7SM4/

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
What would you guys do about this? I just inspected only one OEM rim and one hole does have some damage. I’m guessing they used a gun and not a torque wrench and well kind of used it carelessly…

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread IMG_1055

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
What damage? That tiny area of missing paint above the hole? The light scratches below the hole to the left?

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Every rim… that’s 8 wheels. Is that nothing?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
BLUF: I don't think it's a big deal. The damage, if you want to call it that, is very minor and not worth worrying about. Focus on path forward and how you will prevent further damage to the wheels going forward when you need work done.

OP
OP
惹Raizzelle

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
I agree with @Clark_Kent on this. Unfortunately it’s now there, only way now is to prevent it. I had worse, all had been damaged when they changed my tires from Summer to Winter.

Anyways, no matter how careful you are wheels are one of the first to contact with road dust, stone debris etc. If it’s your daily, it is bound to happen.

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
I agree with @Clark_Kent on this. Unfortunately it’s now there, only way now is to prevent it. I had worse, all had been damaged when they changed my tires from Summer to Winter.

Anyways, no matter how careful you are wheels are one of the first to contact with road dust, stone debris etc. If it’s your daily, it is bound to happen.
Unfortunately this is the case! I drove into a construction zone with some debris from the work and left with a bunch of scratch marks/gunk on the sides of my wheels. Thankfully these rims are fairly dark in colour so one can spray paint and hide the wear if wanted.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Sounds good, ya I’ll get some touch up paint and get it done.

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
On the topic of wheels, I got some enkei TS-Vs recently but slightly put some dmg on them while transporting. Just did a DIY sand down and respray today. Not exactly a perfect fix but it should do for now. Will be posting a pic of them on the car soon.
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread 1000038235

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
On the topic of wheels, I got some enkei TS-Vs recently but slightly put some dmg on them while transporting. Just did a DIY sand down and respray today. Not exactly a perfect fix but it should do for now. Will be posting a pic of them on the car soon.
1000038235.jpg
Hope it looks decent! Any tips on how to find proper colour touch up paint for Enkei storm gray wheels?

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Hope it looks decent! Any tips on how to find proper colour touch up paint for Enkei storm gray wheels?
Thanks! I think for Enkei wheels, sometimes mixing layers of paint/primer might be the better option. Storm gray is silver so I think going to home depot and trying to find the right shade of silver spray (or at least a very similar colour) should be a good go. I read elsewhere that dark gray gloss Behr spray should work.

For my wheels personally I sprayed dark primer first and put on my silver layer to sort of try and mimic how hyper silver is mixed. I've yet to gloss the finish however.
Sponsored