• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
This was a post I didn't wanna make but unfortunately, somebody from my local Honda dealership joy rode my car. I went in asking for an alignment but found out later via dashcam footage of the mechanic doing pulls in the lot, revving the engine to show other younger mechanics, and unplugging my dashcam before speeding out of the lot. I'm furious right now. This is just another reason to hardwire surveillance around the car.

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
This was a post I didn't wanna make but unfortunately, somebody from my local Honda dealership joy rode my car. I went in asking for an alignment but found out later via dashcam footage of the mechanic doing pulls in the lot, revving the engine to show other younger mechanics, and unplugging my dashcam before speeding out of the lot. I'm furious right now. This is just another reason to hardwire surveillance around the car.
That's fucking ridiculous. Did confront management with the evidence?

OP
OP
惹Raizzelle

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Name the dealership! (But I think I know which one is it.) Another reason for me to not go and do my maintenance in dealerships. 🤬

@Shichi I’d suggest to go and do it in AJR or Garage5 next time. I’m so sorry to hear that. :/

Keep us posted, lmk if there’s something I can help.

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
That's fucking ridiculous. Did confront management with the evidence?
Yeah I sent off a few angry emails with video demanding that they fix this asap. I'm gonna go in today after work and see them in person.

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Name the dealership! (But I think I know which one is it.) Another reason for me to not go and do my maintenance in dealerships. 🤬

@Shichi I’d suggest to go and do it in AJR or Garage5 next time. I’m so sorry to hear that. :/

Keep us posted, lmk if there’s something I can help.
Surrey Honda..
Strange because they've been really good to me in the past. I don't know why they allowed this to happen. It's really a bummer because most of the staff are decently professional. I'll keep you guys updated with what the GM says once they reply to my emails.

The most aggravating part of the video was just the fucking 19 year old mechanics trying to figure out what R+ mode does while revving the engine and showing off. If they don't even know what it does don't fucking touch it let alone unplug my dashcam.

Appreciate your guys' help and concern greatly!

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
That’s insane, I’d speak to a lawyer
Surrey Honda..
Strange because they've been really good to me in the past. I don't know why they allowed this to happen. It's really a bummer because most of the staff are decently professional. I'll keep you guys updated with what the GM says once they reply to my emails.

The most aggravating part of the video was just the fucking 19 year old mechanics trying to figure out what R+ mode does while revving the engine and showing off. If they don't even know what it does don't fucking touch it let alone unplug my dashcam.

I’d probably go do a free console with a lawyer, but before you go see what the dealership says. If they fire the person, and compensate you; id expect at least multiple free services for this incident… if dealership brushes you off, go see a lawyer.

Oh and once it’s all resolved, don’t forget to leave a review :p

Last edited:

Pancake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Corolla
Surrey Honda..

Surrey Honda?! I thought they were one of the good ones but I suppose there will be bad techs everywhere... Keep us posted what they say. Also if you can help me ask if they have any updates on upcoming batches that would be great LOL I have a deposit with them....

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
I do like the look of it, I was a bit nervous it was not going to hold, but it’s on there pretty tight. I’m using the killallwipers, and I didn’t really clean the silicon off that well yet, I’ll scrub it more during a car wash.

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread 829d70a7-83e4-4f81-8b1e-c6c2616f8d18

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread 8de87e18-8cbe-4809-8c0f-892763af1403

11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread ced1ee2e-7269-4d67-a90d-57557702936a

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Surrey Honda..

It's unfortunate this happened. I know the feeling, it's happened to me. These instances while incredibly frustrating and upsetting are tricky. There's not much that can or will happen. Best case scenario the employee is disciplined, you get an apology, and maybe complimentary products and/or services. That's it. And if the dealership decides to do anything that falls short of your expectations, you have little to no recourse. I see commentary around speaking to and/or retaining an attorney. For what? What will an attorney do in this instance?

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Best case scenario the employee is disciplined, you get an apology, and maybe complimentary products and/or services. That's it.

I see commentary around speaking to and/or retaining an attorney. For what? What will an attorney do in this instance?
Solid input here from @Clark_Kent--the dealership owed a duty of care to @Shichi when the car was dropped off, they breached that duty in tooling around in the car and there's evidence of it, but a lawyer's going to lose interest when they see there are no damages resulting from the dealership's negligence.

Be polite, direct, and reasonable. Communicate in writing, and push the dealership to do better in training and supervising its staff. Depending on how the dialogue goes, I think you can expect complimentary service or accessories, but don't expect much. They've likely lost you as a customer, and the dealership should realize that/do what they can to keep you--they shouldn't want to risk losing you and others because of this.

OP
OP
惹Raizzelle

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Surrey Honda..

Damn! That’s where I’m going for PPF maintenance. I’m gonna make sure they don’t play with mine, please keep us posted. Hopefully it’ll be settled well and you’ll be compensated right.

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Damn! That’s where I’m going for PPF maintenance. I’m gonna make sure they don’t play with mine, please keep us posted. Hopefully it’ll be settled well and you’ll be compensated right.
What happened was one of their junior mechanics being let off the leash without proper supervision. I went in today asking to speak to the service manager, explained my situation and was decently surprised all the service techs were already aware of the incident. The general manager essentially forwarded my email asap and told the service managers to fix it. They greeted me and apologized multiple times first. They let me know that they had one or two meetings already regarding the incident and that disciplinary action is coming for the parties involved. Furthermore, they said they're gonna take the time through the next few days to come up with a compensation plan to try and regain that trust. Depending on what that is I may or may not go back there in the future. I told the managers that I appreciated their swift action, prompted them to have better control of their staff, and that I looked forward to resolving this issue and putting it behind me.

I'll keep you guys updated with what happens once they get back to me. Thanks for all your input and support!

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
What happened was one of their junior mechanics being let off the leash without proper supervision. I went in today asking to speak to the service manager, explained my situation and was decently surprised all the service techs were already aware of the incident. The general manager essentially forwarded my email asap and told the service managers to fix it. They greeted me and apologized multiple times first. They let me know that they had one or two meetings already regarding the incident and that disciplinary action is coming for the parties involved. Furthermore, they said they're gonna take the time through the next few days to come up with a compensation plan to try and regain that trust. Depending on what that is I may or may not go back there in the future. I told the managers that I appreciated their swift action, prompted them to have better control of their staff, and that I looked forward to resolving this issue and putting it behind me.

I'll keep you guys updated with what happens once they get back to me. Thanks for all your input and support!
No disrespect to lot boys, but I’m genuinely surprised that a (junior) mechanic would foolishly risk their job/career like that - Given the prompt communications taken by the GM, that guy is probably shitting bricks now, and for good reason. Seems like it’s usually the lot boys you hear about doing crap like this to customers’ cars.

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
No disrespect to lot boys, but I’m genuinely surprised that a (junior) mechanic would foolishly risk their job/career like that - Given the prompt communications taken by the GM, that guy is probably shitting bricks now, and for good reason. Seems like it’s usually the lot boys you hear about doing crap like this to customers’ cars.
Apparently this sort of stuff happens a lot more frequently than one would think. One of my buddies had a cla45 which a younger tech curbed the wheels out of while doing a "test drive."
Sponsored