• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
With the growth of FL5 Type R owners here in Canada, I would humbly like to start a separate thread to prevent out-of-topic questions from the members that are still waiting for updates and allocation of their FL5.

Looking forward to your build, tips, and suggestions to improve our FL5 with shared knowledge and experience! 🤙🏿
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
惹Raizzelle

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@katch922 I’m not sure if we have some TPMS built-in to our FL5, but from what I remember we don’t. If someone can confirm would be great!

PS: Just installed the ALPLUS Aeroguard and the quality is top notch!
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread IMG_6584_VSCO

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Yes fl5 uses indirect TPMS, which as I understand doesn’t need anything special, but after you change tire pressures, you are supposed to calibrate it. I have seen it on YouTube someone going through their settings and in vehicle settings there was a sub menu for TPMS lol. Maybe not in Canada??? Oh well doesn’t matter, I am not getting any warnings for tire pressures so all is well for now. I check and adjust my tire pressure once a month anyway, so I don’t really need TPMS

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
@katch922 I’m not sure if we have some TPMS built-in to our FL5, but from what I remember we don’t. If someone can confirm would be great!

PS: Just installed the ALPLUS Aeroguard and the quality is top notch!
IMG_6584_VSCO.jpeg
Can you show after they are installed? I like those way more than some other ones I’ve seen here.

OP
OP
惹Raizzelle

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you show after they are installed? I like those way more than some other ones I’ve seen here.
Sure! I’ll try to snap pics tomorrow. 🤙🏿

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I'm pretty conservative, and these are the mods I made. I don't think I will do anything else. I find the car perfect this way.

1. Disconnected the ASC module to disable that fake pumped-in engine noise. All modes sound the same and natural now.

2. Installed the ITS ADS module to make all suspension modes a bit more compliant (including +R which is now totally drivable).

3. Installed the AWE Touring exhaust to have SOME noise coming out the back and make up for the lack of the fake noise I disabled in step 1. This is how it should sound instead of fake noise + super-quiet exhaust.

4. Put on Continental DWS06 265/35R19 tires to both make the car slide around a bit more and to also drive it year-round. The added sidewall makes the car look better as the fender is filled out more, and it also protects the rims more. Modern cars have such high tire limits they are no fun below triple digits. The easiest mod is to put on less sticky tires. Added benefit - they work in cold, wet, & snow.

5. Installed the FITCAMX Dash Cam. All concealed and looks OEM. (https://fitcamx.com/products/fitcamx-dash-cam-for-2022-honda-civic)

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
AWE Touring is on my bucket list. I just finished installing the Mishimoto oil catch can.

I would totally disable ASC, but so many panels to remove so I just went the easy route and leave the sound on comfort in individual mode and I have the valve permanently open.

OP
OP
惹Raizzelle

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm pretty conservative, and these are the mods I made. I don't think I will do anything else. I find the car perfect this way.

1. Disconnected the ASC module to disable that fake pumped-in engine noise. All modes sound the same and natural now.

2. Installed the ITS ADS module to make all suspension modes a bit more compliant (including +R which is now totally drivable).

3. Installed the AWE Touring exhaust to have SOME noise coming out the back and make up for the lack of the fake noise I disabled in step 1. This is how it should sound instead of fake noise + super-quiet exhaust.

4. Put on Continental DWS06 265/35R19 tires to both make the car slide around a bit more and to also drive it year-round. The added sidewall makes the car look better as the fender is filled out more, and it also protects the rims more. Modern cars have such high tire limits they are no fun below triple digits. The easiest mod is to put on less sticky tires. Added benefit - they work in cold, wet, & snow.

5. Installed the FITCAMX Dash Cam. All concealed and looks OEM. (https://fitcamx.com/products/fitcamx-dash-cam-for-2022-honda-civic)
Thank you so much for the detailed tips! No. 5 on your list already ordered and on its way. 🤙🏿

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
I used this video for installing it. Without it, I probably would have broken something.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Thank you so much for the detailed tips! No. 5 on your list already ordered and on its way. 🤙🏿
Just be warned, the sd card that comes with FITCAMX is total garbage, I recommend buying a proper sd card and replacing the one that comes with it. I got the SanDisk extreme pro 256gb

Last edited:
OP
OP
惹Raizzelle

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey! Been driving alot lately and the weather here in BC is not cooperating but here is a pic of it doing its job. It does its job well, I’m pretty sure all other brands too but the quality is superb. Also came with a replacement push clip directly from honda as posted in the pic. You’ll need it, busted 2 of the OEM one lol!
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread IMG_6689_VSCO

I used this video for installing it. Without it, I probably would have broken something.

Been looking for a tutorial for a long time! Thanks alot! Any pointers you can give? I’m afraid to fk this one lol.

I got the Samsung PRO 128GB 🤙🏿

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Hey! Been driving alot lately and the weather here in BC is not cooperating but here is a pic of it doing its job. It does its job well, I’m pretty sure all other brands too but the quality is superb. Also came with a replacement push clip directly from honda as posted in the pic. You’ll need it, busted 2 of the OEM one lol!
IMG_6689_VSCO.jpeg

Been looking for a tutorial for a long time! Thanks alot! Any pointers you can give? I’m afraid to fk this one lol.

I got the Samsung PRO 128GB 🤙🏿
You’ll be fine, taking out the light fixture was a pain, but it did come out eventually ;p that was the scariest part!

OP
OP
惹Raizzelle

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You’ll be fine, taking out the light fixture was a pain, but it did come out eventually ;p that was the scariest part!
That part is where I want to ask for tips! Lol, I’ll be posting when the camera arrives. Thanks again @katch922 🤙🏿
Sponsored