• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread

OP
OP
惹Raizzelle

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
Those look really nice! But I just recently bought the rims and tires for winters, too bad I didn’t think about it before. Wonder if the OEM 19s will do better. I am currently using 18s 255/35 I think!?
I think OEM is +60 if I’m not mistaken. It will be more tucked inside so you’ll be good. He also used Swift Springs for FK8 after and didn’t had any issues surprisingly. I’ll head this route if I find it hard to live with 18s in 275/35 here.
Here is a pic of it with lowering:
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread IMG_7049
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread IMG_7048
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread IMG_7047
Sponsored

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Hey guys, quick question.

Where do you guys get your wheels? I've been asking around but it seems like most shops here stock reps.

OP
OP
惹Raizzelle

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys, quick question.

Where do you guys get your wheels? I've been asking around but it seems like most shops here stock reps.
Which specific brand you’re looking for? @Unity Performance is canadian base store where most of our canadian group member bought their wheels.

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Which specific brand you’re looking for? @Unity Performance is canadian base store where most of our canadian group member bought their wheels.
Thanks! I've been mainly looking at enkei, aodhan and apex wheels but the stocking selection for those in 5x120 18x9.5 38/45 is proving a little difficult without importing from the states.

I had a pretty good experience with https://canadianlugnuts.ca/
Kay was awesome, great customer support, he really helped me pick proper wheels/tyres.
I'll check them out. Thank you!

OP
OP
惹Raizzelle

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I've been mainly looking at enkei, aodhan and apex wheels but the stocking selection for those in 5x120 18x9.5 38/45 is proving a little difficult without importing from the states.

I'll check them out. Thank you!
You can try and ship it to WA State for free shipping (thats my current plan this coming summer). LOL

Shichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
You can try and ship it to WA State for free shipping (thats my current plan this coming summer). LOL
Sounds like a plan, might just do that for a few other parts down the road.

Thanks for your help!

OP
OP
惹Raizzelle

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Latest Install: LUNQIN Inner Door Protector

Got this from amazon around 60CAD. The install was really easy. During installation, I can say that it doesn’t leave any sticky marks from the door itself. All in all, I’m happy with how it looks (except the design cutout for the speakers).
Highly recommend for an owner who daily the car and has a family/kid most of the time.
Quality: 8/10
Installation: 10/10
Price: 9/10

install tip:
I’d suggest to do it on a warmer weather as it stretches and sticks more when its warmer. Or use the car heater first until the cabin is warm.

As I’ve mentioned, the looks of it won’t be for everyone. So I’d suggest for you to start on the rear door first and see if you’ll like it.

pictures attached below:
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread IMG_7502_VSCO
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread IMG_7506_VSCO
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread IMG_7508_VSCO
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread IMG_7507_VSCO
11th Gen Honda Civic Canadian FL5/DE5 Build, Suggestions & Tips Thread IMG_7504_VSCO

SCOTTMIKE1

First Name
SCOTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CIVIC TYPE R
Hey @katch922, How about upgrade your tires to 275/35/19? It looks good and will raise your front a little bit + will give a look that it is lowered as it closes the wheel gap.

“Decided to give APEX VS-5RS 19x9.5 +45 (Motorsports Gold) with 275/35/19 a try.

No rubs whatsoever on this setup. the car is not lowered yet. “

Here’s a pic for reference:
IMG_7043.jpeg
IMG_7044.jpeg
IMG_7042.jpeg

I am thinking about going with wheels of the same offset and want to try 275/35/19, as you have done. Did you need to make any camber adjustments at stock height? Any rubbing with passengers? Were you happy with the set up before you lowered it? I wonder why this does not seem to be more popular, it looks great!