• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone want a Canadian Si 2022

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I have a 5k mile Canadian Si, and i should be getting a new car sometime next year (hopefully), I bought a 7 year extended North America Honda warranty; I’m wondering what is the best way to sell it in the states?
Can i just drive it to Buffalo and sell it in person? You guys seem to be paying good money for high mileage US spec, and the Canadian have heated steering wheel, seats, chargers, etc!
Sponsored

SGSiSaajan

First Name
Saajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I’m sorta curious about this as well. SGP, 6500 miles on mine, wondered how hard it is to sell my CA spec car to a US customer.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
You'd have to check with US Import authorities to see if it is legal to sell in the states.

sirplayalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I’m curious about this too. Seems like Canadian dealers sell at MSRP. I’d love to take a trip up there, buy one, and just drive it back to Chicago.

OP
OP
Bambzolbment

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I’m curious about this too. Seems like Canadian dealers sell at MSRP. I’d love to take a trip up there, buy one, and just drive it back to Chicago.
A Canadian dealer wont physically sell to an American there’s legal registration that must happen locally before car leaves the lot. Same thing, a Canadian can’t buy a new car off thr lot in states. I have tried, back when some cars were a lot cheaper down there.

Hey I can meet you halfway though, might even come to Chicago for the right price, nothing stopping the used market ;) already got some DMs so ley me know.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
A Canadian dealer wont physically sell to an American there’s legal registration that must happen locally before car leaves the lot. Same thing, a Canadian can’t buy a new car off thr lot in states. I have tried, back when some cars were a lot cheaper down there.

Hey I can meet you halfway though, might even come to Chicago for the right price, nothing stopping the used market ;) already got some DMs so ley me know.
That is interesting. I swear Enterprise purchases a lot of its trucks from Canada. It could be some sort of separate arrangement from the manufacture directly to them or different fo the fleet.

abitolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 accord
On a newer car you will require a statement of compliance for DOT safety standards (FMVSS Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards ) from the manufacturer, ie Honda, so good luck with that one. Canadian cars have a CMVSS label saying they meet Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. If modifications are required ask the manufacturer, again good luck there. Emissions label under the hood will say what standards your car meets, will have to be US.
Choice number 2 is a registered importer, start by opening your wallet. Good luck.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
Sounds like a hell of a lot of trouble for some heated seats!

OP
OP
Bambzolbment

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
That's why you can buy my car as a used vehicle (almost new) with honda warranty. Foglights, heated seats, wireless charging and a bunch more :)

abitolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 accord
How is the US buyer going to get it across the border and then register it in the USA without import documents? Oh you are going to drive it across, check to see if that warranty applies to vehicles registered in the USA, oh but buyer will not be able to register it, so nice lawn ornament.

Sorry did not mean to rain on your parade, go for it and let us all know how you and the buyer made out, should be a really interesting story. And remember documents required apply to used and new vehicles, rules only change when vehicle being imported is at least 25 years old.

Last edited:

JimmyoldBob

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic si
I would like to know if there is any other convenient way to buy a brand-new car from Canada?

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019,SI 2022 RR
Sounds like a hell of a lot of trouble for some heated seats!
In canada we get much more.. (all standard on the SI)

- Front/Rear heated sets
- Heated Steering wheel
- led turn signal on mirrors
- front and rear Parking sensors
- Fog lights
- Bigger cluster with integrated Shift lights
- wireless charging pad
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with built-in HomeLink
- Dual automatic climate control for the driver and passenger

OP
OP
Bambzolbment

Bambzolbment

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
There are ways for everything, I’ll
In canada we get much more.. (all standard on the SI)

- Front/Rear heated sets
- Heated Steering wheel
- led turn signal on mirrors
- front and rear Parking sensors
- Fog lights
- Bigger cluster with integrated Shift lights
- wireless charging pad
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with built-in HomeLink
- Dual automatic climate control for the driver and passenger
Dang you’re making me want to keep it.

I could not live without parking sensors and heated steering wheel. Americans dont even know how badly theyre missing out!

No one’s claimed it yet few dms, if interested message and we can figure out the logistics
Sponsored