• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Carrying tires in the hatch

fbirch

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, GT3, M3, MX5
Is it possible to carry four tires in the hatch of the CTR? In my GTI I carry them in two stacks (face down) of two tires each with the rear seats folded down. The tires can't roll around in that configuration. The rear glass in the CTR slopes down quite a bit and the 3rd brake light intrudes into the overhead space. Just wondering if/how it can be done in the CTR. I'm looking to replace my GTI and the ability to haul tires for my track car is a hard requirement, as I don't have a truck/SUV and don't want one.
Sponsored

Lancenfstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Civic Type R
With both back seats down, I was able to carry my 4 OEM wheels + tires when I was getting new wheels. They do slide around too much.

OP
OP

fbirch

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, GT3, M3, MX5
With both back seats down, I was able to carry my 4 OEM wheels + tires when I was getting new wheels. They do slide around too much.
Thanks, were you able to stack them in two two stacks of two tires each? If not, how did you fit them in there?

Lancenfstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Civic Type R
Discount tire did all the stacking when I picked the car up, but iirc not as 2 stacks of 2. It would hit the hatch window if they were stacked like that.

superporpoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2023 RS3
I fit 4 boxed 18x9.5 wheels and 4 unmounted 265 tires in my car. One tire did have to go in the front seat but I feel like I could’ve got it all in the hatch if I spent some time on it.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
I haven't tried this in the FL5 yet since I haven't bought my autoX wheels, in the FK8 I usually carry the tires in the back seat(with the seat up) with a moving blanket over the seat, 2 are stacked and 2 standing side by side. It moves around less and frees up the hatch for rest of the stuff. I have also loaded with the seat folded but they move around and you can't put 2 stack side by side. With the FL5 I wonder if the shorter wheels diameter might make it possible.

11th Gen Honda Civic Carrying tires in the hatch 1706102283058
Sponsored