• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Civic Sport Touring HB manual vs Acura Integra HB manual

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic LX coupe, 6 spd; '20 Civic Sport sdn, 6
If you want a 1.5 turbo HB manual transmission Honda, how does the Civic ST stack up against the upcoming Integra?

Some speculation:

Integra vs Civic Sport Touring

Style - Subjective (but Integra for me)
Color choices -TBD but probably Integra
Engine- Integra if based on Si or better
Limited Slip Differential -Integra
Sound proofing- Likely Integra
Weight- Probably Civic ST
Interior- Probably Integra
Price- ST but maybe a $2k difference?

Overall I think a base Integra takes it.

Comments?
Sponsored

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I'd agree with those points. I think it'll come down to a few factors for most people assuming the base integra and ST hatch more or less price about the same.

Someone who maybe doesn't love the new civic styling be SO sedate will prefer the Acura. Someone that puts more value on performance over the amount of features will also probably opt for the Integra. It's that trade off of features versus performance. You can have touring level features with more modest performance, or you can have probably what amounts to EX level civic features and Si (or better) performance.

I think there's plenty of people that wanted a hatch Si... and some that were hoping for a few added (or at least not removed features) from their Si sedan that the Integra will likely give back (heated seats for example). So for what amounts to maybe a $3k price bump over the Si sedan, and more or less breaks even with the ST hatch... the Integra will fit that middle ground area a lot of people (myself included) were hoping the civic hatch would've filled, but didn't.

And for about $3k more you can upgrade the Integra to what will assumedly be the Tech and A-Spec packages and get Touring+ level features, appearance package goodies, while still falling well under a base TLX, but having more features in a smaller more nimble package than the Accord 2.0T sport, which is too large for a lot of people.

OP
OP
Steve182022

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd agree with those points. I think it'll come down to a few factors for most people assuming the base integra and ST hatch more or less price about the same.

Someone who maybe doesn't love the new civic styling be SO sedate will prefer the Acura. Someone that puts more value on performance over the amount of features will also probably opt for the Integra. It's that trade off of features versus performance. You can have touring level features with more modest performance, or you can have probably what amounts to EX level civic features and Si (or better) performance.

I think there's plenty of people that wanted a hatch Si... and some that were hoping for a few added (or at least not removed features) from their Si sedan that the Integra will likely give back (heated seats for example). So for what amounts to maybe a $3k price bump over the Si sedan, and more or less breaks even with the ST hatch... the Integra will fit that middle ground area a lot of people (myself included) were hoping the civic hatch would've filled, but didn't.

And for about $3k more you can upgrade the Integra to what will assumedly be the Tech and A-Spec packages and get Touring+ level features, appearance package goodies, while still falling well under a base TLX, but having more features in a smaller more nimble package than the Accord 2.0T sport, which is too large for a lot of people.
Excellent analysis.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
I think at $30k the base Integra won't have quite the same features as the ST, and would be closer to an EX-L, considering you get a LSD and the added cost because it's an Acura. Pretty much how it is with the Accord 2.0T vs base TLX.

Greyscale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Accord, 2007 Accord, 1995 Miata
I hope it has more color choices and lumbar support. Both missing on the Civic ST Hatch.

OP
OP
Steve182022

Steve182022

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ILX base model has power lumbar and heated seats. Acura would be crazy to drop those from the Integra.
11th Gen Honda Civic Civic Sport Touring HB manual vs Acura Integra HB manual Screenshot_20211112-172943_Adobe Acrobat
Sponsored