• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Clutch Pedal Vibrations?

shockedimpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cruze
Hello y’all,

Odd question that I e posted in a separate forum without much response - I’ve owned a 2007 and 2013 Civic Si’s and one issue I had with them would be feeling the engine revs in the clutch pedal as I pressed to shift gears. Im not sure if anyone has ever had this issue with their current/prior SIs but it always stopped me from buying another.

Any idea if the 2022 continues this? Or is the clutch pedal smooth with 0 feedback when being pressed?

You can feel it even in neutral, pressing the accelerator and engaging the clutch pedal up and down.
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
What is your mechanical knowledge of drivetrains and manual transmissions? Not trying to insult, just trying to get a baseline.

You owned two Honda civics and decided to buy a chevy cruze because of this?

OP
OP

shockedimpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cruze
Not super educated on the mechanics. But had owned 4 manual transmissions the Civic SI was the only one that ever had this “issue”

my G35 and older BMW clutch’s were Al,ost numb in feeling

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Older Honda vibrated more. Noise, vibration, harshness (NVH) is something all manufacturers have improved upon in the last decade. A lot is due to electronic controlled steering and throttle, NVH reducing adhesives rather than hard bolts holding everything together.

You may be extremely surprised how refined the new civics are and how smooth new cars are in general.

If you value a smooth ride over a stiff chassis and superior handling, i’d recommend a civic hatch with a manual transmission. Still handles great even without the limited slip differential.

I mean this in the nicest way possible and the least Honda snob way i can muster. The Chevy cruze is a pile. There’s a reason GM closed that plant in Youngstown, OH and has given up on the small economy cars in the states. 11th gen civic will blow your mind.

Last edited:
OP
OP

shockedimpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cruze
What is your mechanical knowledge of drivetrains and manual transmissions? Not trying to insult, just trying to get a baseline.

You owned two Honda civics and decided to buy a chevy cruze because of this?
No no….
Had a 2013 Civic Si that I paid $19k for BRAND NEW FYI back in 2014! Which these prices remained constant!
Anyway…traded the Civic in 2016 for a Silverado and purchased a 2008 Civic SI same period due to commute and price of the Civic. That civic was unfortunately a lemon, had engine issues and had to trade that in instead of repairing for over $3.5k. So I traded for the Cruze I still have today.

During that time, income increased so I purchased a 2019 Ram. Fast forward 2 years, moved to Texas and didn’t need 2 vehicles anymore, so I kept the Cruze as it gets 35+ mpg.
That’s my vehicle story

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
The new civics will also see 35+ mpg. Scary time to buy any new vehicle right now, honestly. You’ll like the 11th gen civic. Driving will feel more numb than your 8th or 9th gen, but comfort for you and passengers will be greatly improved. A lot of people loved the raw feeling of the 8th gen civic, taching it out every shift and feeling that VTEC crossover. But it sounds like you value a reliable small car with good fuel economy.
Sponsored