• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTR FL5 Rear Engine Mounts

Rear Engine Mount

• Total voters

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
Really torn between the PRL and the Hasport 62a rear engine mounts. I had the Hasport 62a on my FK8 and loved it. Does anyone have any experience with both of these?
Sponsored

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
I’m trying the PRL and if it’s not enough I’ll try the Hasport 62A.

HONDANB

First Name
JOHN DOE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NEEDED
Hasport 70. Little vibration on start up then seems to go away

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Really torn between the PRL and the Hasport 62a rear engine mounts. I had the Hasport 62a on my FK8 and loved it. Does anyone have any experience with both of these?
I did 62A and it is great 0 wheel hop. No experience with the PRL.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Hasport will give you more NVH for sure. I'm running the PRL mount in our 500hp FL5, no issues.

Azkyrie

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra Type S
How much would you like if you’re looking to sell the OEM ITS RMm dogbone? I just did the Powerflex yellow insert and it’s worlds better than OEM, with absolutely minimal increase in NVH, but in my experience window weld is still better. As crazy as it may seem, 3M WW provides a completely solid fill, holds up long term, and because of the OEM rubber, doesn’t vibrate like crazy. I tried everything under the sun on my FA5, and WW was just flat better. now that I’ve got the Powerflex insert, I can fill an OEM and let it cure for a few weeks.
Sorry late reply. I’ll sell it to you for half of what Honda is selling them for. Not here to rip and charge what they charge. What part of the US? Would you pay for shipping? If so it’s a done deal

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Hasport will give you more NVH for sure. I'm running the PRL mount in our 500hp FL5, no issues.
which hasport are you referring to, 70? 80? compared to the prl one... does prl make the other two mounts... what if later on one wanted to replace the upper and lower MM ... would mixing and matching between prl and hasport RMM and the other two be ok

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I also have the Hasport 62A, and I really like it. Anything stiffer than that could be quite uncomfortable and cause annoying buzzing noises in the cockpit. I had the 27won track spec mount in my FK8 and the bushing actually came apart internally, which is why I strayed away from that brand for the FL5.

For those of you asking or wondering: Stiffening the RMM reduces engine movement, which forces the drivetrain to do it's job at the expense of your personal comfort. You are in fact putting more useable torque down to the ground because you are not allowing the same amount of deflection.
how did you find the 62a on the track... fan of your channel, just wondering if you continue to build and add more power in the future how is the 62a going to hold... also if one were to replace the other 2 mounts (upper and lower)... would mixing and matching be ok say doing 62a and 70 since it's labeled track by hasport

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
how did you find the 62a on the track... fan of your channel, just wondering if you continue to build and add more power in the future how is the 62a going to hold... also if one were to replace the other 2 mounts (upper and lower)... would mixing and matching be ok say doing 62a and 70 since it's labeled track by hasport
I haven't had a chance to use it on the track yet. The season ended, and I installed the exhaust and mount at the same time. I would probably stray away from mixing and matching if possible. You can feel the difference of the 62a on the streets though. It's not harsh, but it's present, and power out of turns has less slop. Even from a stop when I need to pull out quickly I can feel a difference. The more torque you add then the more force will be applied to this component, so only time will tell.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
which hasport are you referring to, 70? 80? compared to the prl one... does prl make the other two mounts... what if later on one wanted to replace the upper and lower MM ... would mixing and matching between prl and hasport RMM and the other two be ok
PRL vs Hasport 62A -> PRL has significantly less NVH

Hasport 70, 80, etc of course have even more NVH

Mixing and matching is fine. Consider that if you only install the rear mount (most common) you are mixing it with the factory mounts and there is no trouble. :thumbsup:
Sponsored