• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTR FL5 Rear Engine Mounts

Rear Engine Mount

• Total voters

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R | 2020 KIA Sedona
I know that PRL, 27WON, and Hasport each offer these mounts.
Anyone recommend one over the other or are they all pretty comparable?

I get so much wheel hop in 1st and 2nd, so want to make this my first performance mod.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
What about white line inserts?

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
The Hasport link OP used is the 1.5T mount kit (all the mounts) and the price reflects that too. This should be the correct one
https://hasportperformance.com/product/fcrr/

Is NVH (noise, vibration and harshness) important to you? If this is your first time considering any motor/transmission mount and you do care, I'd suggest you to get a ride from someone who has done the one you are considering. That way you can be sure you can live with the change in vibration/noise.

I would skip the insert when changing the rear mount since the actual bushing material is not part of a subframe. The PRL rear mount is the softest since it uses EPDM instead of Polyurethane, a great upgrade if comfort is a priority. Hasport is theoretically less stiff than the 27WON rear mount due to its design, but bushing material is still the same.

If one doesn't mind, the best option is toget the Hasport kit if it's available. That way you have all the mounts with matching stiffness to reduce powertrain movement as intended.

OP
OP
saGOD

saGOD

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R | 2020 KIA Sedona
Has no one else considered getting one of these mounts?
Am I the only one that gets crazy wheel hop?
Lol maybe I just need a driver mod.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Anyone tried this? How difficult is it and how much would it run to have a shop do it?

Jcruz87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I am current running PRLs, and I like it. Hard for me to give you a comparison bc I picked up my CTR..drove home..and then installed it lol!

jdOTFL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR #0995 CBP
outside of wheelhop is there anything else that the engine mount helps with?

Jcruz87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
outside of wheelhop is there anything else that the engine mount helps with?
In my experience (mostly with VAG applications) it generally helps put the power down. In Theory that should assist with wheel hop as well. Hard to explain, but "more connected feel" I think gets the job done

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Hard to explain, but "more connected feel" I think gets the job done
Upgrading rear engine mount reduces engine movement. One of OE mounts' primary goal, besides supporting the engine and drivetrain, is comfort.

Too soft, you have too much engine/drivetrain movement for performance driving or just simply collapse very fast. At least it'll be comfortable.

Too hard, it sends too much vibration at idle that you may not like to drive it daily. That depends on the engine and car as you can have solid motors, yet still ok. Many performance mounts has aluminum base instead of steel, which can pump more noise inside the car.

If you are picky about vibrations and only want the rear mount, then PRL is the way to go as it's made out of rubber, just harder than stock so it will give you less engine movement and reduce wheel hop. 27WON is theoretically the hardest due to its construction.

hammeredsole

First Name
Mister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey Elite, F150 Tremor, CRV Hybrid Sport-L
I am going to start with the cheapest and easiest option, which is the Powerflex Yellow insert. After running Hasport mounts on my FA5, then finally settling with 3M window weld as the best option, I won't be doing solid poly on my FL5.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I am going to start with the cheapest and easiest option, which is the Powerflex Yellow insert. After running Hasport mounts on my FA5, then finally settling with 3M window weld as the best option, I won't be doing solid poly on my FL5.
It does vibrate a bit down low but it feels really connected. Both are good options.

Azkyrie

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra Type S
I assume you’re talking about polyurethane plastics. But PRL is the only one that uses EDPM rubber. Rubbers in general absorb vibration much better with a much higher temperature tolerance
Sponsored