• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

HustedDrums

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R, 2023 Hyundai Genesis GV70
Seems like Honda provided a great exhaust from the factory, most don't add that much power, and most aren't significantly lighter for the cost. Only if they could make it sound like the Type S would be the improvement.
I feel like they pump a lot of noise again through the speakers. I would definitely enjoy a louder exhaust note from a AWE Track version, but that's just me. Even in +R Mode, I feel like it's real quiet. And I'd also rather be sentenced to death than drive a stock Honda lol.

BigBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I feel like they pump a lot of noise again through the speakers. I would definitely enjoy a louder exhaust note from a AWE Track version, but that's just me. Even in +R Mode, I feel like it's real quiet. And I'd also rather be sentenced to death than drive a stock Honda lol.
The best move I made was disabling the fake sound.

OP
OP
Sara/AWE

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Do you think I’ll have to drop the sub frame like I did last time to install the front pipe?
Having done the install for our video I can confirm that you do not need to drop the subframe or remove a motor mount bolt like the previous generation.

I was very excited about this in particular, made for a much easier installation which all of us DIYers can appreciate 🤝 :)

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
For those of you who have experience with AWE exhausts, there is very little drone with both the Touring and Track versions? How much louder (in cabin) is the Track version?

Kind of torn between the two. I don't want an exhaust that is barely louder than stock but also don't want an obnoxiously loud and droney exhaust. I'm leaning towards the Touring.

OP
OP
Sara/AWE

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
For those of you who have experience with AWE exhausts, there is very little drone with both the Touring and Track versions? How much louder (in cabin) is the Track version?

Kind of torn between the two. I don't want an exhaust that is barely louder than stock but also don't want an obnoxiously loud and droney exhaust. I'm leaning towards the Touring.
The FL5 is definitely different from the FK8 as far as the exhaust note and overall experience of the system. Sound clips will be up this week so you can get a better idea, stay tuned!

The Touring Edition comes equipped with a 180 Tech resonator specifically designed for the FL5, and its sole purpose is to kill drone frequencies. IMO the best of both worlds, definitely wakes up when you are on throttle but not overpowering inside at cruising speeds. 🤝

HustedDrums

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R, 2023 Hyundai Genesis GV70
Having done the install for our video I can confirm that you do not need to drop the subframe or remove a motor mount bolt like the previous generation.

I was very excited about this in particular, made for a much easier installation which all of us DIYers can appreciate 🤝 :)
I just ordered this exhaust from the website. Do you have any recommendations for aftermarket exhaust hangers? I couldn’t find any. Will the stock ones be okay?

Also, I would love to see a titanium/burnt titanium exhaust tip sometime down the road. They look so good on the FK8.

OP
OP
Sara/AWE

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
I just ordered this exhaust from the website. Do you have any recommendations for aftermarket exhaust hangers? I couldn’t find any. Will the stock ones be okay?

Also, I would love to see a titanium/burnt titanium exhaust tip sometime down the road. They look so good on the FK8.
The system was designed to work fine with stock hangars, aftermarket hangars may change how the exhaust sits and are not recommended.

We looked into those tip finishes in the past and during testing they just did not hold up, and we are not the type to offer something that doesn't meet our standards 🤝 :)
Sponsored