• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
Did you listen in person?
I heard the Track version with a catless Downpipe on an FK8 at my gym and it sounds awesome on the outside. He mentioned it being a whole lot of drone inside the cabin after going catless downpipe.

I have the Touring, and it sounds louder than in any video I've seen (from AWE or users), but it's good. I wouldn't go any louder though. Don't go by the videos. Track will be very loud. Of course you can always convert it, so up to you.
I’m going based off my tolerance from my previous vehicle’s touring suite. The STI was loud only when stepping on it and I would’ve enjoyed the loudness at all times though!

My experience is track is pretty droney.. But everyone has a different opinion.

-Josh
I’ll take the risk on behalf the forum. We need more opinions, haha. Do you guys have the AWE Track with black tips in stock?
Sponsored

Jflorio

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hinda Civic Type R
Lookin' good! Glad to be able to lend a hand and glad you are getting to enjoy your system!
Any update on when more touring exhausts will be available? Just received an update from the vendor I purchased through and was told another 4-6 weeks.

OP
OP
Sara/AWE

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Any update on when more touring exhausts will be available? Just received an update from the vendor I purchased through and was told another 4-6 weeks.
We don't carry stock everything is hand made to order so each order will have a slightly different ETA typically 4 weeks from your time of order. Of course, with the recent materials delays some folks who placed their order have been waiting longer than that, but we are working our hardest to get materials in so we can continue to crank out FL5 orders!

It is a bit more difficult to estimate when there is a vendor involved since typically they order through distribution and not through us, but I am happy to take a look and see what I can find out. Shooting you a PM to get your order info. 🙂

Did you listen in person? Listening over speakers is entirely different than in person. The track edition is LOUD. It surprisingly doesn’t drone a ton because of the resonator which decreases some frequencies. If there was no resonator, it would be terrible. I opted for this exhaust because the car is not my daily driver, but it’s still pretty damn loud. Still waiting to take delivery- my experience was from an acquaintance who had the exhaust.

I have not heard touring in person, so I can’t compare it. But I imagine the muffler really quiets things up.
I heard the Track version with a catless Downpipe on an FK8 at my gym and it sounds awesome on the outside. He mentioned it being a whole lot of drone inside the cabin after going catless downpipe.

I’m going based off my tolerance from my previous vehicle’s touring suite. The STI was loud only when stepping on it and I would’ve enjoyed the loudness at all times though!
As far as the Track Touring conversation, the only difference between those systems is the 180 Technology® resonator at the back. It does not have any packing material and its main purpose is to cancel out drone frequencies. So the biggest difference will be your in-cabin experience.

Of course there are conversion kits so you are never stuck with one system, you can switch it up at any time. 🤝

MERAKIAUTOWORKS

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Type R

I’ll take the risk on behalf the forum. We need more opinions, haha. Do you guys have the AWE Track with black tips in stock?
More are expected in November for us. Feel free to message me.

-Josh

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
As far as the Track Touring conversation, the only difference between those systems is the 180 Technology® resonator at the back. It does not have any packing material and its main purpose is to cancel out drone frequencies. So the biggest difference will be your in-cabin experience.
So @Sara/AWE , you're basically saying the Track is not louder than the Touring externally, only in the cabin?

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
So @Sara/AWE , you're basically saying the Track is not louder than the Touring externally, only in the cabin?
The Track def sounds deeper. “Because that 180 Technology isn’t there to eat those bassy frequencies”.

OP
OP
Sara/AWE

Sara/AWE

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
The Track def sounds deeper. “Because that 180 Technology isn’t there to eat those bassy frequencies”.
This. There’s no muffler on track in the axle back section. I’ve heard it in person. It’s loud as hell external to the vehicle.
Nope, to clarify, I meant that the biggest difference lies in the in-cabin experience, but I would agree that the sound is amplified outside the cabin as well.

There are deep base frequencies that are enjoyable and then there are drone frequencies, I think any of us who have experienced drone would agree that it is a whole difference beast. And that is what the 180 Tech sets out to solve.

I wouldn't say Track and Touring are night and day, rather Touring is a more refined version of Track in that they share a lot of the base properties with the more harsh tones being taken care of by that resonator at the back.

Hope I was able to be a bit more specific 😂 getting the proper description of sound is a feat. We do have a lengthy sound clip video if anyone hasn't seen it yet, as well as some 3rd party videos that I post in here as I find them. Of course nothing beats in person experience!

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX

MAPerformance still has two Tracks in stock, I believe. 1 chrome tip and 1 black tip.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Nope, to clarify, I meant that the biggest difference lies in the in-cabin experience, but I would agree that the sound is amplified outside the cabin as well.

There are deep base frequencies that are enjoyable and then there are drone frequencies, I think any of us who have experienced drone would agree that it is a whole difference beast. And that is what the 180 Tech sets out to solve.

I wouldn't say Track and Touring are night and day, rather Touring is a more refined version of Track in that they share a lot of the base properties with the more harsh tones being taken care of by that resonator at the back.

Hope I was able to be a bit more specific 😂 getting the proper description of sound is a feat. We do have a lengthy sound clip video if anyone hasn't seen it yet, as well as some 3rd party videos that I post in here as I find them. Of course nothing beats in person experience!
Makes sense, thanks. I'd be curious to hear the Track, but I don't want more in-cabin noise. I'd be curious to see how the 180 Tech cancels out certain frequencies, but would need a back-to-back for that. With the Touring, I notice a bit of drone around 2600RPM.

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
I'll be installing the track edition this Friday. I'll follow up on the drone FAQs

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Makes sense, thanks. I'd be curious to hear the Track, but I don't want more in-cabin noise. I'd be curious to see how the 180 Tech cancels out certain frequencies, but would need a back-to-back for that. With the Touring, I notice a bit of drone around 2600RPM.
I was talking to a guy recently who installed the track same day I installed my touring, and he said the drone was so bad it was making him sick lol.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I was talking to a guy recently who installed the track same day I installed my touring, and he said the drone was so bad it was making him sick lol.
It's not huge, but do you also notice some droning around 2600RPM with your Touring?

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
It's not huge, but do you also notice some droning around 2600RPM with your Touring?
With the windows down a little, but it’s a sound I like. Nothing really with the windows up. I have a downpipe as well, so I’m sure that makes some difference.

urbo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
With the windows down a little, but it’s a sound I like. Nothing really with the windows up. I have a downpipe as well, so I’m sure that makes some difference.
I notice it around 2600RPM windows closed too. I also like the sound, but it's there for sure. Other RPMs is fine. It does make listening to music more difficult. I need to find out the best settings for bass, mid, and treble with the new exhaust.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
I notice it around 2600RPM windows closed too. I also like the sound, but it's there for sure. Other RPMs is fine. It does make listening to music more difficult. I need to find out the best settings for bass, mid, and treble with the new exhaust.
Yeah I haven’t really noticed much with the windows up. Music is pretty loud usually tho lol.
Sponsored