• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hudds1089

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
I gave your video a listen, and I think you've identified the source of your issue--frankly, it sounds like a stunt plane to me, and you're not going to remedy it without a gap between the front pipe and drive shaft.

I didn't get a measurement of the gap on mine, but I remember it being ~1/4". I undoubtedly have a gap, and our cars sound VERY different. I'm truly sorry for all the trouble you're going through, I'd be really frustrated too.
I'm not sure what a stunt plane is ha, but yes that's one issue.

When it was all tightened this last time is was about an 1/8 inch on the lift, on the ground I would presume less. I'm not sure if it's rubbing at the moment the sound comes and goes.

There are several other buzzes and rattles it's not just that. I'm done though, only reason I'm going back under is to remove this exhaust either with the oem or a new one. I'm sure I got a lemon.
Sponsored

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
I'm not sure what a stunt plane is ha, but yes that's one issue.

When it was all tightened this last time is was about an 1/8 inch on the lift, on the ground I would presume less. I'm not sure if it's rubbing at the moment the sound comes and goes.

There are several other buzzes and rattles it's not just that. I'm done though, only reason I'm going back under is to remove this exhaust either with the oem or a new one. I'm sure I got a lemon.
Any update on your exhaust?

Shrapnel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW 2024 Civic Type R #16838
Did everything get sorted out with your exhaust? Very curious

Hudds1089

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Were you able to get this resolved?
Not yet, I just had to go under the car again and send mbrp some pictures, luckily I had to also do an oil change so my time was not completely lost. The dipstick on these cars are terrible.

I'm hoping this week they will give me some good news and take this thing back.

realtorhoff

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the market for FL5 or Integra Type-S
Well damn. Thank you for all the information. Looks like I will be going Borla after all 🤦🏻‍♂️

realtorhoff

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the market for FL5 or Integra Type-S
Borla is alot of money for slip fit and clamps just fyi.
I agree on the price. Seems really steep. My Borla Atak for the Mustang had 2 mufflers, 2 valves, and a Switchfire midpipe and I only paid $2,100 shipped brand new. Had 2 Borla systems on my Mustang and one on my Audi S4. Never had an issue with their clamps, and my S550 system had 4 slip fit clamps as well.

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Agreed, I won't do it again. I'm pretty certain I'm going to end up with the remark Ti, or if I can wait for their new valved exhaust.
Exactly what I did. I have a Remark Titanium exhaust incoming right now after being given a good deal. I like the look of the actual tips on some other exhausts better but the sound and weight savings of the Remark Ti exhaust are hard to beat.

Hudds1089

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Exactly what I did. I have a Remark Titanium exhaust incoming right now after being given a good deal. I like the look of the actual tips on some other exhausts better but the sound and weight savings of the Remark Ti exhaust are hard to beat.
Nice! Where did you order it from?
Sponsored