• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Thoughts on the Milltek vs AWE exhaust ??

cxmk

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
What's up guys, this is actually my first post on here. Wanted to get some thoughts on the Milltek vs the AWE exhaust, I ordered the AWE touring like 2 months ago and just got a update that its going to be another 8+ weeks... So I decided to bite the bullet and swap it for the Milltek non-res one. The Milltek was my second option but when the active valve controller came out a few weeks ago I actually considering switching because of that, the 8+ more weeks kind of did it for me. I have heard both in videos, and enjoy the sound of both but just wanted to get others thoughts on it! I will also be pairing this with the RV6 catted dp. If anyone has either one feel free to share pros/cons. Only thing I'm worried about right now is the drone on the Milltek one.

Thanks guys! -Cam
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
I've owned both on my previous fk8. Imo, AWE is not of great quality. Milltek is slightly better than AWE as for quality, but not the greatest.
I know I'm not helping much, but maybe try and wait for Remus? I've had that on my fk8 and it was one of my favorites.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
I've owned both on my previous fk8. Imo, AWE is not of great quality. Milltek is slightly better than AWE as for quality, but not the greatest.
I know I'm not helping much, but maybe try and wait for Remus? I've had that on my fk8 and it was one of my favorites.
Same reason Iā€™m not a fan if the AWE exhaust. The welds look super generic, and it really does not do it for me. So far no exhaust manufacturer has captured my attention except remark but I donā€™t like the exhaust tips.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
I like GReddy aka TRUST from Japan... Don't know if they make something for the latest Type R...

Last edited:

MERAKIAUTOWORKS

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Type R
AWE over Miltek for us, theres a reason they're the #1 exhaust for the CTR for the FK8 and FL5. Best bang for buck in our opinion.

Another 8 weeks on top of the two months seems long. We had them in stock and get various amounts in.

-Josh

scuderia_miso

First Name
Teddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, FA5, AP2
I have the AWE Touring and I chose it for the sound and the look of the tips. I absolutely love this exhaust, it's perfect for a daily driver. It sounds really good and isn't too loud. You get some nice sounding burbles off throttle that are difficult to pickup in the youtube videos but really add to the driving experience.

I think it would be too much noise to add a downpipe with the AWE touring and at that point I would most likely need to add another resonator. This is purely based on youtube videos of that combo so take it with a grain of salt.

Can't really speak to the Miltek since I haven't heard it. The active exhaust valve controller seems like it could be a good thing to have depending on how effective it is at reducing the noise.

Last edited:

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
Same reason Iā€™m not a fan if the AWE exhaust. The welds look super generic, and it really does not do it for me. So far no exhaust manufacturer has captured my attention except remark but I donā€™t like the exhaust tips.
Same here lol. I do like MXP look. I e owned that before also and it was great quality. But canister type mufflers never sound as good as those on Remus, milltek etc.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Same here lol. I do like MXP look. I e owned that before also and it was great quality. But canister type mufflers never sound as good as those on Remus, milltek etc.
Yeah and the civic type R does not have the best exhaust note in the first place.

@MERAKIAUTOWORKS AWE will sell well because of the price point. Most people are on a budget. But lately cost of materials have made exhaust systems considerably more expensive so its hard to make something nice while keeping costs down in this current market. So they were really smart in their approach.

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CW Type R
Meraki had some in stock last week, I ordered on Thursday, got a Black Friday discount and had the exhaust in less than 24 hours after I ordered it.
My AWE touring was installed yesterday and it looks and sounds great. Pretty much exactly what I was looking for on sound. I liked that it included the front pipe and the shop only took an hour to install with no issues. They spent half their time removing all the underbody parts and factory exhaust, new pipes went in less than 15 minutes.
This was the first FL5 they had installed exhaust on, they had done a bunch of FK8 exhaust previously. They commented on how perfect the fit was, no really alignment or tweeking the pipes to get the tips right, etc.

OP
OP
cxmk

cxmk

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Thank you guys so much for all the reply's so far. Definitely great to see others points of views! Super exited to be apart of this community where I'm able to talk with others about stuff like this! Thanks again guys, keep 'em coming!

PointByPatrol

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I'm not a fan of either honestly. I don't like slip-fit clamped flanges. I prefer 2 or 3 bolt flanges. The active valve in the millitec is just not for me either (I'm an old man now). Having a remote control to open a valve seems like a bad idea, and something easy to lose. I'm currently waiting on the Remark TI exhaust. Not only do I get mandrel bent 3" front pipe and full exhaust, but beautiful quality and weight savings.

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CW Type R
I'm not a fan of either honestly. I don't like slip-fit clamped flanges. I prefer 2 or 3 bolt flanges. The active valve in the millitec is just not for me either (I'm an old man now). Having a remote control to open a valve seems like a bad idea, and something easy to lose. I'm currently waiting on the Remark TI exhaust. Not only do I get mandrel bent 3" front pipe and full exhaust, but beautiful quality and weight savings.
That's going to be twice the price at around $3k right?

davilla413

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Boost Blue CTR 05334, ā€˜04 S2K, ā€˜97 Prelude SH
While I don't have the AWE on my CTR, I've had their exhausts on previous cars - most recently my old '19 GTI. I loved the sound, build quality and fitment. The only reason I am not considering the AWE for my CTR is the fact they nixed the valve. The Miltek is on my list - reviews have been good along with the sound clips. Still significantly more expensive but we'll see if it is worth it.

OP
OP
cxmk

cxmk

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
While I don't have the AWE on my CTR, I've had their exhausts on previous cars - most recently my old '19 GTI. I loved the sound, build quality and fitment. The only reason I am not considering the AWE for my CTR is the fact they nixed the valve. The Miltek is on my list - reviews have been good along with the sound clips. Still significantly more expensive but we'll see if it is worth it.
Yeah the reviews and sound clips I've heard so far look and sound great. Pairing it with my RV6 catted dp is going to deepen the tone some too, so I think it will sound great!
Sponsored