• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Thoughts on the Milltek vs AWE exhaust ??

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
How dare you not list Mugen!
lol, never used Mugen, didn't care for it on the FK8

Some of the few I've like are MXP and HKS. Only thing I didn't like about mxp was I found canister style mufflers aren't for me. HKS was nice, but the look of the two tips close and all that chrome killed it for me.

So for me, I guess sticking to muffler styles are what's ideal lol. I kind of like the hks more on the fl5 this time around, but I know it won't be loud enough for me.
Sponsored

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
if you were to get remus, can you put the muffler say from awe, just because it's got 3 tips vs 2

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
I put my Milltek on. Fitment was good. Overall I'm happy with it.

Definitely make sure to put it all on then work from front to back making sure it's not hitting anything. I saw three spots where it would: front pipe at heat shield, bolt holding the mount near the front pipe (close to where hanger is) and then the last big section at the back...it comes close to the heat shield.

Lastly the area where the wire harness attached to OEM parts is not possible...due to how the valve has moved further away I guess. I tried to make adjustments but nothing worked so I zip tied the harness...hoping that prevents it from resting on the exhaust.

Over all sound is good, just not as good as Remus was on my fk8 (muffler design was one while piece with integrated valve on Remus). But the difference is very minor. Not worth buying Remus now lol.

I also feel the valve close sounds better?

Vid

11th Gen Honda Civic Thoughts on the Milltek vs AWE exhaust ?? PXL_20231122_224930216

11th Gen Honda Civic Thoughts on the Milltek vs AWE exhaust ?? PXL_20231122_224926273

11th Gen Honda Civic Thoughts on the Milltek vs AWE exhaust ?? PXL_20231122_235240814

11th Gen Honda Civic Thoughts on the Milltek vs AWE exhaust ?? PXL_20231122_224942701~2

Last edited:

OP
OP
cxmk

cxmk

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I put my Milltek on. Fitment was good. Overall I'm happy with it.

Definitely make sure to put it all on then work from front to back making sure it's not hitting anything. I saw three spots where it would: front pipe at heat shield, bolt holding the mount near the front pipe (close to where hanger is) and then the last big section at the back...it comes close to the heat shield.

Lastly the area where the wire harness attached to OEM parts is not possible...due to how the valve has moved further away I guess. I tried to make adjustments but nothing worked so I zip tied the harness...hoping that prevents it from resting on the exhaust.

Over all sound is good, just not as good as Remus was on my fk8 (muffler design was one while piece with integrated valve on Remus). But the difference is very minor. Not worth buying Remus now lol.

I also feel the valve close sounds better?
Sounds good man, I would say IMO it sounds great both ways, but if you have the valve controller to physically keep it open in any drive mode to me open sounds just amazing. Now I also have a RV6 catted dp paired with mine, Im not sure if you are currently still running stock dp but i can 100% confirm the tone of mine is definitely deeper after watching your video, mine has more of a burble which im going to assume is most likely because of the dp. I do think closed also sounds nice, and i love the option for highway driving considering if its wide open its got a little drone, closed is basically 0 drone.

To also speak on the zip tie, I had to do the same thing, not sure there's a way around doing that tbh. Either way, glad you enjoy it man, I am definitely enjoying mine!

The Milltek merch is very cool man, wish I got some of that! Lol. Anyways, Happy holidays dude!

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
Sounds good man, I would say IMO it sounds great both ways, but if you have the valve controller to physically keep it open in any drive mode to me open sounds just amazing. Now I also have a RV6 catted dp paired with mine, Im not sure if you are currently still running stock dp but i can 100% confirm the tone of mine is definitely deeper after watching your video, mine has more of a burble which im going to assume is most likely because of the dp. I do think closed also sounds nice, and i love the option for highway driving considering if its wide open its got a little drone, closed is basically 0 drone.

To also speak on the zip tie, I had to do the same thing, not sure there's a way around doing that tbh. Either way, glad you enjoy it man, I am definitely enjoying mine!

The Milltek merch is very cool man, wish I got some of that! Lol. Anyways, Happy holidays dude!
Nice, I might look into an rv6 downpipe right now lol. Looking at the engine bay and it appears there's more room than the fk8 for working on that.

Here's a few last pics and vid of my Milltek. Definitely enjoying it.

11th Gen Honda Civic Thoughts on the Milltek vs AWE exhaust ?? PXL_20231123_193008822~3

11th Gen Honda Civic Thoughts on the Milltek vs AWE exhaust ?? PXL_20231123_191529952~3

blayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP FL5. 2020 Civic Type R (RIP)
For those of you with Milltek. Where did you buy it from? What is the best dealer for milltek?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
For those of you with Milltek. Where did you buy it from? What is the best dealer for milltek?
When I was looking around I found one for about 1500, but then I was told by the GM at Milltek that was their allowed price and I could be buying one that is defective.

Soooo, long story short I got mine for about 1700:
https://www.milltekcorp.com/type-r-2.0-i-vtec/c2225

One there click on the non resonated valved one. Depending on the tips you pic you can get it for about 1700

OP
OP
cxmk

cxmk

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I used @Two Step Performance for mine, they have wonderful customer service and a ton of products for the FL5. Got my RV6 dp there as well, definitely plan on using them more in the future!

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
I think I might need the resonator for this exhaust. It's too loud now for me...realized it after driving a bit more. Has a bit of drone to it imo

OP
OP
cxmk

cxmk

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I think I might need the resonator for this exhaust. It's too loud now for me...realized it after driving a bit more. Has a bit of drone to it imo
Do you have the valve controller yet? When you are able to keep it 100% shut its basically 0 drone, at least it is for me. I know it changes with the drive modes without the controller but I have heard it opens when accelerating, not sure if it does that in every mode but I have basically 0 drone at highway speeds when the valve is shut.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5
Do you have the valve controller yet? When you are able to keep it 100% shut its basically 0 drone, at least it is for me. I know it changes with the drive modes without the controller but I have heard it opens when accelerating, not sure if it does that in every mode but I have basically 0 drone at highway speeds when the valve is shut.
I thought it only opens in +R mode? I tested it and would only see the valve open in +R mode (used camera to watch only while revving). So I believe it is closed when I'm driving in my individual settings.

At wide open throttle I hear zero difference in comfort and +R mode. I also don't hear any difference when driving normal...other than it being too droney for me.

I wish I had just got remus like I had on my fk8. It was perfect. Zero drone, quiet when you wanted to be chill and then loud when you wanted to.

But since I've spent money on this already, maybe it won't be much for the resonator
Sponsored