• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Curb rash on the 2-tone wheels, are they painted or just cleared?

sterminare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
I have a bit of rash that unfortunately goes straight from the black part, across the machined part, and to the other side.
Thing is, if they were just black, I'd have no issues with sanding and touching up the rim. But they're the two-tone, and I can't really tell what the silver part is.. is it just polished aluminum, cleared over? Is the clearcoat tinted or is it just reflecting the dark asphalt? or is it a gray paint? Im worried about matching the silver appearance. Has anyone successfully touched up one of these rims and can share what paints they used?
Thanks in advance
11th Gen Honda Civic Curb rash on the 2-tone wheels, are they painted or just cleared? 1711047722697-6t
Sponsored

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Take look at the March 1, 2023 thread that as I recall was stared by TheCanadian.

OP
OP
sterminare

sterminare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT
Take look at the March 1, 2023 thread that as I recall was stared by TheCanadian.
Thanks but I'm not able to find the post you're referencing, I found a couple but they were for FL5 matte black wheels

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Any curb rash can be fixed, I experienced the same and fixed by the dealer since I have the wheels and tires package.
Sponsored