• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does the sport have a factory amp for the speakers?

CompletelyStock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport
I'm having an issue with the Alpine Type-X I just installed where when I turn on the car the sub makes a thump. I checked the ground and even moved it to the floor of the trunk, and it's sanded to bare metal. I'm using the A90M amp by splicing one of the stock speakers and adding a RCA adapter to use the Hi-Input on the amp. I'm not using a remote wire, because the amp has sensing tech for the hi-input. Everything else works, and it's definitely on my list to Dynamat it, because it slaps, the only issue is the thump. My thought is that a factory amp is kicking on and the Alpine amp is kicking on before it, causing a temporary surge of power. I know the Touring has Bose and that it has an amp, but not sure on this one. It's also odd, because the Alpine amp is supposed to have a delay on feature, but I guess it's not enough time before it kicks on. I believe I can solve this problem by running a LoC and a remote wire from the stock amp if there is one, but if there isn't then I could definitely use some advice.
Sponsored

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, Honda Accord CU1( Acura TSX 2nd Gen)
A friend of mine had the same problem when he installed an aftermarket subwoofer. He solved the problem by wiring a manual switch. Not a perfect solution but it work's and you have to toggle the switch everytime you want to use the subwoofer.

OP
OP

CompletelyStock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport
I found a solution for anyone else needing one. Since the Alpine A90M doesn't delay enough for Hi-Input, I bought the KICKER 46KISLOC2 2-Channel Line Output Converter with Remote Turn-On Wire along with the NVX XTRI1 Remote Turn On Module/Trigger.

Kicker LoC Setup
Spliced the speaker wire from my rear door into it, I already had run speaker wire from a splice through the door loom, so this part was easy. Ideally you want to run the rear speaker opposite of the power wire going to the amp just in case of any interference. (I didn't have any issues though)

Twisted Left - and Right - into the negative and Left + and Right + into the positive from the speaker wire.
Ran the ground to the ground on the amp

NVX XTRI1 Remote Turn On Module/Trigger Setup
Ran the remote from the Kicker LoC into the remote on the NVX. (grey wire)
Ran the red wire to the positive on the amp
Ran the black wire to the negative on the amp
Ran the blue wire to Rem on the amp
Sponsored