• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Driver door panel starting to poke out when closing the window

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
I tried looking for a thread relating to this for the FL5, but did not find one. The "its just a civic" gods have finally baptized me with the door panel cave-in issue on the driver's side door. Just started this morning. I knew to look for it when I park because while I was driving on the street with windows half way down (50-55mph), I could hear this sudden sticky noise on the glass. As if it was rubbing against something by millimeters. Only had the FL5 for 3 months. Going to report to dealer and probably drop off when I go to purchase a vehicle for my wife in the coming weeks.
Sponsored

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
guy you need help

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R - SGP
Can you post a picture of what in the world you're talking about? lol

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
All Hondas (and Acuras) I have ever owned have rattling windows (when down about 50%). ALL OF THEM. I don’t know why Honda continues to build their window mechanisms this way, but it has nothing to do with god randomly caving-in your door panels. LOL!!! Hope he/she can fix it for you though. It is a design/engineering issue.
Sponsored

Last edited: