• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Everyone makes a guess of the new 2022 Si horsepower number!

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Well if they keep watering down the Si I agree that they will eventually just get rid of it or let Acura carry on with it in the Integra. I still dont understand why they dont make an Si hatch. I know people will say because of the Type R, but again I disagree. The WRX and Sti made it work and I think the Si/CTR can make it work. I would jump into an Si hatch in a heartbeat.
I fully agree here. It just depends on what they decide to do with the Si going forward... keep watering it down or actually make marked improvements.

My best guess on the Si hatch is fully 100% the Integra NOT the CTR... (not to sound like a broken record)... by time you factor in the price increase of the hatchback body style over the sedan on the Si, you're probably not far off from what will be the starting point for the Integra. So it would create a situation of a $28k civic Si hatch or a $29k integra hatch with more power and features. If the Integra's point of entry wasn't such a focus for Acura and it started out closer to $33k, then an Si hatch would make perfect sense.
Sponsored

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ABM FK8
It's pretty amusing watching the internet melt over the -5hp difference between models. I mean, you're gaining a more useable torque curve, rev matching, stiffer body and upgraded suspension components- all of these things should go a long way to making the car fun at what it's supposed to do- zip around town and go carve up back roads on the weekends.

The number anxiety is real.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
It's pretty amusing watching the internet melt over the -5hp difference between models. I mean, you're gaining a more useable torque curve, rev matching, stiffer body and upgraded suspension components- all of these things should go a long way to making the car fun at what it's supposed to do- zip around town and go carve up back roads on the weekends.

I'm more concerned over the exterior styling than the HP numbers. The numbers are where they are supposed to be and I wouldn't be surprised if they are sandbagging the numbers so owners are happy when taking delivery. Stand-by for the "Civic Si makes more power than advertised" YT videos.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4

The SI is dead, long live the Type R and the Integra (Civic Si Hatch)!!!

Sarcasm 100%

Last edited:

S7N57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
All you guys worried about the styling just compare it to the new WRX and you’ll really appreciate how nice the Honda looks. I have a 20 STI and can tell you Subaru f’d up big time in the styling dept for the new WRX it makes me want to punch a wall.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
All you guys worried about the styling just compare it to the new WRX and you’ll really appreciate how nice the Honda looks. I have a 20 STI and can tell you Subaru f’d up big time in the styling dept for the new WRX it makes me want to punch a wall.
Someone already posted up a meme of this and they almost look the same.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I've been a fan of the Si sin the 90's. I see nothing to be disappointed in. I think it's a good looking car, and aside from Auto stop/start I see no problems with it.

Would it be nice if it was 220-230HP? Sure. But unless it turns out its actually slow than a 10th gen, I see no problem with it. My biggest issue is the death of the coupe.