• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
I’m confused is this the regular 2022 civic sedan then? If not since when did the Civic have a hatchback model?
Either way it. It’s not too boring (Mostly Bc of the tail lights) and not too wild.

two more questions...

1-what’s the deal with the trunk? Looks like the rear glass will open up as well?

2- When will this be released? My current civic lease is up in May 2021. Any chance we see these available by then?
This is the 11th gen hatch, so no trunk.

The hatch returned to North America in 2017, after a 14 year hiatus. It's built in England, using the same chassis/platform as the Civic Type R--which is only available as a hatch. I've owned a 2017 Sport Hatch 6MT for 2 years now, and it's marvelous. The only way I'd consider an upgrade is if they offer the Si with a hatch for gen 11.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tapirov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 2018
Rear is kinda ok but front is very very bad. Hatchback should have more aggressive and sharper front edges like 10th gen. Grille is also very bad. Hope it will not be released like this.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
I think the Civic gained a huge amount of 'character, style and personality' with the 8G from previous iterations, moving it into the 'most wanted' sector, but has been losing it slowly again, since that 2006-2011 version.

The 10G regained 'something', particularly with the lighting, which this has dulled again - if you want boring and mundane, get a Ford or Volkswagen - they do everything extremely well, but look 'average'.

Sorry, this has lost me over the 10G.

Al.
Agreed, honda made a pretty good comeback with the 8th gen after suffering for a while. It was a pretty decent looking car and the K20Z3 was a beast, 9th gen was meh/ok, 10th gen honda stepped their game up completely and earned the respect from a lot of people.

I know that this is just a prototype design and maybe there is a small chance it will grow on me, but from these images it looks like Honda took 1 step forward and 3 steps back

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Looks so.... mundane...

10th gen was so sharp and it looks softer now, gives me honda insight vibes
True, I love how the hatch looks after the mini refresh, the little hockey sticks/mustaches suites it well. Was my only gripe with it having those big empty spots.

Krylar

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Am i the only one that sees hints of a scion tc on the front? It does look more subtle but i see a bit of the last gen TC

bks

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex-T Sedan
Very disappointing. Agree with most on forum. A step back indeed. I have a 2016 civic sedan and I often wondered should I have gone for the hatch. I was a little shocked at how many unsolicited compliments I rec'd from strangers when I first bought it.

This makes it an easier decision completely. Won't be upgrading to either any time soon.

Replacing the tail lights is very big mistake IMO. Very eye-catching and noticeably different. A good thing in this age of similar looking vehicles.