Sponsored

Factory lock bolts worth it?

TypeRD

Senior Member
First Name
Ryan
Joined
Jan 20, 2023
Threads
2
Messages
1,807
Reaction score
1,898
Location
Midwest
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
While I agree with the premise, if you're car is missing wheels you can't just make a claim with a new insurance company. That and rates being increased because of a claim.
He’s saying you should fire them so they don’t have another chance to screw you over the next time something happens.
Sponsored

 

Pekingduck

Senior Member
First Name
Albert
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Threads
10
Messages
221
Reaction score
183
Location
Southern California
Vehicle(s)
Na
While I agree with the premise, if you're car is missing wheels you can't just make a claim with a new insurance company. That and rates being increased because of a claim.
It would be compressive so rates shouldn’t go up but maybe overall for our type of cars go up just slightly. I don’t have wheel lock but when I run my aftermarket wheels I have wheels lock. If someone want you wheels they will get I though.
 

djl526blue

Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 11, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
38
Reaction score
18
Location
Chatham, MA
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I've removed dealer installed wheel locks from the last few cars I've purchased. I don't have to park my cars on the street and the locks are a pain when I'm rotating the tires with my floor jack in the garage. Even properly torqued wheels are trickier to remove with that extra key in the mix. And it's even more of a pain when you are trying to put on the spare tire by the side of the road with the tire wrench from the trunk. (Ask me how I know). I carry an Odyssey minivan spare/tire/jack combo in case of a flat in the trunk and it's already going to be a challenge to put the spare on the back of the car if the flat was in front. I don't need tire locks to increase the challenge.
Sponsored

 
 







Top