• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
Lt_doobie

Lt_doobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Coupe
0-60 from my stopwatch looks like it’s almost a full 9 seconds.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Most of the reviews I’ve watched said they got 0-60 anywhere from about 7.2 seconds to almost 9. Seems like this Gen is considerably slower than our tenth. Probably cus it’s heavier?

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Most of the reviews I’ve watched said they got 0-60 anywhere from about 7.2 seconds to almost 9. Seems like this Gen is considerably slower than our tenth. Probably cus it’s heavier?
Multiple things are at play... car and driver got around 7.5 seconds on their car vs 6.7 for the 10th gen. Weight doesn't help, but ~145 isn't enough to be the only reason. I think Honda's tweaks for efficiency are a bigger culprit. Eeking out that 1 mpg does more harm than good. Other things like aerodynamics could play a role (I haven't seen any drag coefficiency numbers for the 11th yet).

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Honda actually detuned the engine... the 10th gens on Dynos consistently showed the engine was under rated making close to 200hp at the crank and 170+ at the wheels... Honda could have brought that down closer to what they advertise to make 180 at the crank which means an equal and noticeable loss by time it gets to the wheels probably close to 160 or lower.

Michael90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Heavier, longer, wider. Without a doubt.

Still an amazing looking car, especially that Touring model
Sponsored